What was the last vinyl record you bought?

HMV are truly awful, appreciate there is an uplift in demand but their service is terrible, really fucks me off when online retailers capture payment for lines that are out of stock despite being advertised as being in stock. I try not to use them but their 2 for £30 offer and no payment being required for pre-orders is a big pull factor. Not sure if lockdown has reignited people's desire to play vinyl or if it's just the switch from high street retail shopping to online but demand of LPs online seems to have increased.

HMV are truly awful, appreciate there is an uplift in demand but their service is terrible, really fucks me off when online retailers capture payment for lines that are out of stock despite being advertised as being in stock. I try not to use them but their 2 for £30 offer and no payment being required for pre-orders is a big pull factor. Not sure if lockdown has reignited people's desire to play vinyl or if it's just the switch from high street retail shopping to online but demand of LPs online seems to have increased.
Really only use them if they have offers on, like the 2 for £30 you mention, or occasional limited editions they've arranged a pressing of.

Just picked up Simon & Garfunkel's ~ Greatest Hits (2021 remaster) on white vinyl from Argos of all places for £22. They seem to be carrying limited new release vinyl for click and collect or delivery, just like Sainsbury's where doing.

Really only use them if they have offers on, like the 2 for £30 you mention, or occasional limited editions they've arranged a pressing of.

Just picked up Simon & Garfunkel's ~ Greatest Hits (2021 remaster) on white vinyl from Argos of all places for £22. They seem to be carrying limited new release vinyl for click and collect or delivery, just like Sainsbury's where doing.

Aye some of the exclusives are good but try to use independent places where cost allows etc. Hopefully it won't be too long before we are back in shops sifting through records.

I've just seen there's a few albums on Argos, Amy Winehouse "back in black" is £13 (bargain).

My mate got me the Beastie Boys Licensed To Ill LP for my birthday a couple of years back. He frequents a place called Wax and Beans in Bury and enjoys being in the place just as much as listening to the stuff he gets from there.

'Mahna Mahna' by The Muppets.

No - I'm wrong that was the 1st vinyl record I bought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.