What was your football boot of choice

Bobby the blue

Team supported
Manchester city
My lad needed a new pair of football boots for school so had to take him to sports direct as nowadays there are limited sports shops knocking about. Every boot seems to be a different colour or an array of colours. What has happened to the good old fashioned black football boots. Ended up getting him a pair of Adidas in white/purple/orange.

I had my trusted Adidas copa mundials and Adidas World Cup for years. Mundials In my opinion were the best pair of boots ever made. I had a pair given to me when i was a yt back in the 90s and they admittedly were looking shabby. However a little while back I tried to find them. My wife tells me she had thrown them out. I had a proper strop and in all honesty still haven’t gotten over it. Probably never will.

I also had a pair of those Adidas predators in the early 2000s that looked pretty cool.

They don’t make them like they used to.

Last edited:
Starting off with nike total 90's, then dare I say I had the same white and gold pair as Rooney for a while *head in hands*, before wearing the old style Nike mercurial vapor (the proper Ronaldo), they then changed the style and they wrecked my feet. I had a pair of F50's to replace them but barely remember them. Bare in mind I was a kid for most of this.

I have copa mundials now, I would wear vapors if I played more often though.

Rough progression of my boots, always had to have the most expensive version as well (so thanks for that mum), I had 2 or 3 pairs before the first pic but can hardly remember them.
P0.jpg

9fa316_2813fb9d0b6e490080e29232fdfe971b~mv2_d_3858_2285_s_2.jpg

Mercurial-Vapor-III-600x428.jpg

TY78fZMsA7ysdFoUu2LrPU-970-80.jpg.webp

Now wear these for 5 & 7 a side:
Copa_Mundial_Boots_Black_015110_01_standard.jpg

The Nike Mercurial Vapors I, II & III were brilliant, especially as a quick striker.

Last edited:
Mundials have kept their price as well.
I had a pair of valsports a while back. They were a pretty nice pair. Had a bit of Swaze about them.
Question for any of the younger members. Are these modern boots easy to clean/maintain. When I played I used to have to clean my boots in a bucket then put dubbin on them. These new boots look like they may be hard to keep in a good condition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.