What will a successful season look like now?

bobom

I've loved this season and the football City has played. Obviously we have won the league Cup (and the community shield if you value it), and are still in every competition so life feels good.

But from here there are lots of possible outcomes. Worst case, we go out of the FA Cup, come second in the league, and get beaten in the champions league. Does that still make for a good season? Or do we need to win at least one more trophy?

I've loved this season and the football City has played. Obviously we have won the league Cup (and the community shield if you value it), and are still in every competition so life feels good.

But from here there are lots of possible outcomes. Worst case, we go out of the FA Cup, come second in the league, and get beaten in the champions league. Does that still make for a good season? Or do we need to win at least one more trophy?

still a good season.
win more, even better

I value the football as much as the trophies. Our football was better last season, it really sparkled- this year we've looked flat in comparison. Too many crystal palace moments I suppose, and maybe a bit more grinding out hard fought victories.
To make up for the slight drop in sparkle we need at least as good a trophy haul, so probably PL or CL. To hope for a 4 or 5 haul is unrealistic but I'd take it if it happened

With our squad we should be winning the league but with luck and assistance the dippers have had its going to be tough.

I value the football as much as the trophies. Our football was better last season, it really sparkled- this year we've looked flat in comparison. Too many crystal palace moments I suppose, and maybe a bit more grinding out hard fought victories.
To make up for the slight drop in sparkle we need at least as good a trophy haul, so probably PL or CL. To hope for a 4 or 5 haul is unrealistic but I'd take it if it happened

alot of that is to do with the opponents though mate? last season we were the ones to beat and teams came out to do that? now they all shit themselves and sit with 10 men behind the ball and its impossible sometimes to break them down? Also when we play bad it seems all of our main guys play bad, not just one or two so that hits us harder as well. i get as disappointed as anyone when we lose or even draw but this is the best it will ever get and this team with room for improvement is the best premier league team ever imo.

alot of that is to do with the opponents though mate? last season we were the ones to beat and teams came out to do that? now they all shit themselves and sit with 10 men behind the ball and its impossible sometimes to break them down? Also when we play bad it seems all of our main guys play bad, not just one or two so that hits us harder as well. i get as disappointed as anyone when we lose or even draw but this is the best it will ever get and this team with room for improvement is the best premier league team ever imo.

“Also when we play bad it seems all of our main guys play bad”, I’d go as far to say that all our team seem to have a bad day in certain games

League and league cup double is minimum we should achieve with where we are currently. FA Cup is still difficult but more than achievable, the CL depends entirely on the draw we get.

Porto v Roma is finely poised. Lyon could shock Barca and who knows what will happen in the Bayern v Liverpool game.

If the quarters are:
Spurs
Ajax
Porto/Roma
Lyon
PSG
Atletico
City
Liverpool

We are well and truly in it.

Even if Barca get through we have a chance. Ideally we avoid the English teams and get Roma or Ajax, then who knows. Semi final is minimum expectation for this City side. The league title is the one we have to win, back to back league titles would be amazing.

Me, too! I said before the Carabao that if we won nowt this season I would look upon it as a great season. Great players, scoring great goals, and rolling out great football, watched by great fans in 323. And then, of course, we have Tango Man, Eddie. I've been down the box office a couple of times after a match offering to pay again for the ticket but they've steadfastly refused.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.