What will a successful season look like now?

Not going to predict trophies but as it stands i would am hoping that we get through to the final of the FA cup, the semi's of the CL and finishing with 90+points in the league.

Anything else is a bonus.

Not going to predict trophies but as it stands i would am hoping that we get through to the final of the FA cup, the semi's of the CL and finishing with 90+points in the league.

Anything else is a bonus.

For me now 3 trophies or two if one of them is league or champs league

If we only end up winning the carabou cup, as long as we finish top 2, it will have been a decent season.

I don't agree with this.

I know winning anything or finishing top 2 would be our most successful season in 30 years a decade ago, but we have to realise that we have a finite window of opportunity with this team, and with this manager that we need to capitalise on. Kompany, Fernandinho & Silva will be gone in a year or two, Pep will probably leave in 2021 or 2022, who knows what kind of FIFA/UEFA bans might be lurking round the corner.

We are currently the best team in the world with the best manager. To come out of 1 of the 3 or 4 seasons we'll be in that position with just a league cup with would be a bad season - especially with the teams left in the FA Cup and having the lead in the league.

We should win the FA Cup considering our squad and the teams left in it.

I think we'll need Liverpool to drop points if we are to win the league - we'll have fixture congestion and will probably drop some points ourselves.

League cup and retain the premier league for me is a very successful season.

The press and broadcasting media have set ridiculous standards for MCFC to achieve. However, they might set these impossible standards but they definitely don't want us to meet those targets. It just gives them an opportunity to berate us for our failure. While at the same time they'll celebrate the mediocrity of the rags and dippers.

Pep knows what we're up against and he's managing the situation very well indeed.

Concerned re our injury situations/ fatigue on other players. I so hope we win the league that is the most important, our owners will possibly disagree with this but the CL will be very difficult with decisions going against us. The FA cup is ours or Wolves, looking at Wolves yesterday they seem very Hungary to win this and comfortably beat scum yesterday. We will need all our players back to beat them I think.

The domestic cup double is the bare minimum with the sides left. Anything else will be a very special season indeed. Potential domestic treble (never been done), potential cup treble (never been done) or the big one quad (never been done)

Concerned re our injury situations/ fatigue on other players. I so hope we win the league that is the most important, our owners will possibly disagree with this but the CL will be very difficult with decisions going against us. The FA cup is ours or Wolves, looking at Wolves yesterday they seem very Hungary to win this and comfortably beat scum yesterday. We will need all our players back to beat them I think.
Agreed, Wolves will Puskas hard.

It's already a good season for me, has the potential to be the greatest season we could ever have. I don't think the quadruple is possible, but it is good to dream of it. If we can win the league on top of the Carabao Cup I'll be wrapt. The FA Cup has opened right up now with the Rags going out, still not easy by any stretch, cups never are. I really want a Champions League final win, but in the back of my mind I don't trust UEFA at all and what they and VAR can pull out at any given moment.

Now with the international break, and so many key players not going on national duty, and the likes of De Bruyne, Kompany, Stones, possibly Mendy returning, and Aguero having some rest, I've missed others in that list anything is possible.

April is going to be a fun month, probably nerve racking as well. But it's better to be in this spot right now then any other. With Pep at the helm anything is possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.