What will a successful season look like now?

The chances of a domestic treble are significant (>25%) but a quadruple remains almost impossible (~3%).

We need to win 13 out of 15 games currently, if Liverpool drop points then that could mean only 12.

It would be disappointing if we didn’t win the FA cup from our current position.

It would also be disappointing if we didn’t win either the PL or CL. I don’t think we’re strong favourites for either but to not win one of them would take the edge off the season

Lowest to highest priority in order IMO

5th Community shield = WON comfortably
4th League cup = WON on pens will take it
3rd champions league = be 5 hard games inarow, (Tottenham 2)(juventus 2)barcalona 1) I’d drop this if had to choose! (Don’t want to drop any though)
2nd fa cup = massive historic cup which we have failed massively in recent years, with teams left we simply have to WIN this I hope.
1st premier league = priority every season and the hardest competition to win over a marathon 38 games against so many high class oppenents, winning this gives the ultimate satisfaction in my opinion. Your views ?

Trying to get your point across to some City fans regarding the PL is almost impossible
Everyone plays everyone home and away, over thirty eight matches in nine months, in all weather conditions and every one of those teams has an income of £200M+
The CL, although populated with a few more talented sides, is just a classy cup competition where a lucky draw can make all the difference to success

We need to win 13 out of 15 games currently, if Liverpool drop points then that could mean only 12.

An unlikely scenario, but we could draw all five remaining games in the CL and win the competition on penalties

Any three trophies represents a massive success. Not winning either the league or Champions League represents failure

It’s been a successful season whatever happens now - and one thing I know for sure is we will be equally as competitive in all competitions next season.....

Success for me isn’t all about winning the trophies - competing in all competitions for as long as possible is the sign of a great team....

It’s sport - you win some you lose some - but compete always

It’s been a successful season whatever happens now - and one thing I know for sure is we will be equally as competitive in all competitions next season.....

Success for me isn’t all about winning the trophies - competing in all competitions for as long as possible is the sign of a great team....

It’s sport - you win some you lose some - but compete always
All about winning trophies for me. We need to fill our boots while we are so dominant. Remember no team dominates forever. We must make the most of it and be greedy!! IMHO.

Thought the fabled domestic treble was there for the taking last season, only for Taylor's vole-face to scupper our hopes. This year, we appear closer to achieving it, but unless some players recover from injury and some fringe players find form, I fear we may only end up with two domestic cups. I'd settle for a domestic clean sweep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.