What would be your ideal England Euro 2021 line up? (If you care)

Strongest team for me would be something like

Pickford
TAA-Walker-Maguire-Stones-Shaw
Rice
Grealish Foden Sterling
Kane

Although Southgate will probably play two holders in MF and will have Henderson on, and Mount is a favourite of his.
Shaw is the in form left back but hasn't played much for England, has he? So will probably have a job on his hands getting in ahead of Chilwell, who I dont really rate that highly.
Pickford has been decent of late and has cut out the mistakes, and I do believe that when Pope makes a mistake it isn't highlighted much compared to if Pickford does.

Serious strength in depth in the England squad when the likes of Sancho, Maddison, Trippier, Mount aren't guaranteed starters.

Meanwhile in Ireland we're trying to tempt David McGoldrick out of international retirement and there's a debate on as to whether Aiden McGeady is too old or not to be called up again

Pope
Walker
Stones
Maguire
Shaw
Rice
Grealish
Foden
Sancho
Sterling
Kane

Pickford
Alexander-Arnold
Henderson
Saka
Gomez
Rashford
Maddison

England have a decent group of players but a very average manager

players being coached weekly by top shelf coaches in the prem each must be hard to motivate themselves with southgate at the helm on england duty

As long a Walker,Stones,Foden and Sterling are in the team i couldnt give a shite about the other seven players , Southgate could have a team of Balon D'Or winners and he would still be a loser , with the four players mentioned we have a good chance of the semi-finals. Then the usual eurphoria will be reduced to a whimper with another heroic failure , its the England way.

My 23:
Pope, Pickford, Henderson

Walker, TAA, James, Maguire, Stones, Konsa, Mings, Chilwell, Shaw

Rice, Henderson, Foden, Mount, Grealish, Maddison

Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Saka, Kane

My XI:
-----------------Pope
Walker---Stones---Maguire---Shaw
-----------------Rice
--------Foden---------Grealish
Sterling--------Kane--------Rashford

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.