What would it cost to prise our players away?

1st team valuation, in other words. Very difficult.
Trying to allow for the market, form and age, I'll try first - in millions:
Ederson 80
Walker 40
Stones 40
Diaz 90
Laporte 40
Cancello 85
Silva 100
Gundo 40
KDB 80
Foden 125
Rodri 80
Jesus 60
Grealish 100
Sterling 70
Mahrez 50
Torres 40
Zinchenko 40
Palmer 25
Mendy 0 (I trust we all agree!)

I might be a couple of quid out here or there, I suppose, but we're watching a billion pound team guys!
How lucky we are.

Ederson 100+ (indispensable and completely irreplaceable would need to be the first £100m+ keeper to be purchased by anyone will still be here at 35)
-
Walker 60 (irreplaceable for what he gives even with his age that's a fair fee)
-
Stones 65 (should be the absolute minimum and should be even more really, think about centre back prices Ben White moved for £50 Stones is twice the player)
-
Dias 120 (indispensable would need to be the first £100m+ defender)
-
Laporte 55 (should at least recoup what we paid due to him being Spain's main defender right now, that's even with a transfer request lowering a fee which I can imagine, he seems to put it out every now and again to French/Spanish papers he's not happy and could move, Anelke was called Le Sulk for the same)
-
Cancello 85 (probs right or £10m-£15m less knowing us)
-
Silva 100 (should be the absolute minimum even if he wants to go he's shown his worth so far this season, he's possibly the best player in the world right now for me)
-
Gundo 40 (won't be sold imo contract rundown)
-
KDB 115 nobody can afford him but if dickheads like griezemann or coutinho can get absurd fees and so can Felix and dembele based on maybe potential then KDB gets this)
--
Foden 250 ( he's our golden boy it'd genuinely be cheaper for someone to sign an under contract Mbappe/Haaland than him he's going nowhere)
-
Rodri 100 (so important we'd need to buy someone for a similar fee after agent fees/signing on just to replace him, personally I wouldn't budge for less than triple figures, neither should the club)
-
Jesus 60 (should be asking minimum of £70m inferior players have moved for at least that)
-
Grealish 100 (club won't sell for less even if he flops it'll probs be 3 years before any sale at a cut price)
-
Sterling 70 (If he signs up (140)
-
Mahrez 60 (I'd sell maybe even at the £50m let Palmer step up, City won't we'd wanna make a profit on him as it stands and we're very likely to extend)
-
Torres 40 (City should be asking at least £65m we'd have to pay that if he weren't here)
-
Zinchenko 40 (reckon if we got another top left back the club would sell for £30m if not the asking price is right)
-
Palmer £50m (City right now wouldn't entertain negotiating for less due to HG quota unless we get a super low release fee, that'd mean us selling for very cheap not happening so it'll probs take £80m to prize him away, just because he's homegrown it makes him an indispensable squad player should he carry on improving which he should
-
Mendy 0 (i reckon so he'll defo be released should he be found guilty and sued through the arse too but unfortunately, regardless of what we think it's hard to prove if he manages somehow to get off the hook, whether he's truly guilty or even innocent then he'll be here until his contract is up... Even if we make him stay away from training these allegations will put any suitors off he's finished)

Just my personal opinions not trying to be biased overpricing I genuinely believe these are our players actual true values, maybe some are overpriced maybe some are underpriced.

Last edited:
Just my personal opinions not trying to be biased overpricing I genuinely believe these are our players actual true values, maybe some are overpriced maybe some are underpriced
I think they're nearly all overpriced
Ederson 100m +
Palmer 50m
KdB 115m
Bernardo 100m We appeared to be leaving for about 60m 2 months ago.

No club would pay those prices

I dont think we'd even.pay that much for them ourselves and we have money behind us.

I think they're nearly all overpriced
Ederson 100m +
Palmer 50m
KdB 115m
Bernardo 100m We appeared to be leaving for about 60m 2 months ago.

No club would pay those prices

I dont think we'd even.pay that much for them ourselves and we have money behind us.

Even in the summer accepting less than £80m for Bernardo felt so wrong, maybe I'm getting my hopes up in thinking he'll sign a deal, Bernardo is genuinely a one of a kind this generation nobody like him.

I've put the values of what I think we'd actually accept and us being big dogs with no need to sell these players.

Why would we accept any less for De Bruyne realistically? Even if it's stupid money we're the big boys, if clubs wanna prise our very best players away as asked how unrealistic is it none of those will be sold for less anytime soon... Except maybe Bernardo Silva if he's defo leaving but he seems content right now.

I probably have overpriced some over supposed market value but the thread headline asked WHAT WOULD IT COST TO PRISE OUR PLAYERS AWAY rather than market value, what would we sell for if a club tried some dick waving to get our players and I think they'd have to pay though the arse to sign the players you mentioned... We aren't a selling club if we want players to stay and they're happy here then they're going absolutely nowhere without completely outrageous fees.

We have 4 players worth over £150m
KDB
Foden
Silva
Diaz

We also have a goalkeeper worth £100m & (if Cancelo keeps it up) the best full back in the world, again £100m+.

Rhodri has the potential to become the best holding/DM in the world (He is so like Busquets) so again potentially £100m+

What is fantastic tho, none of our top players have ever wanted to leave us at their peak, even before Guardiola! We have only ever had Boateng, Sane & now possibly Torres who were/are all young and probably homesick or not suited to our philosophy!

Here is a question, what would the following players have been worth in their prime? now just think, a lot of blues consider this as our best ever squad!
Kompany
David Silva
Yaya Toure
Aguero

Last edited:
Ederson 80
Steffen 20
Walker 40
Stones 60
Dias 100
Aké 20
Laporte 60
Cancelo 80
Zinchenko 30
Rodri 80
Gundogan 50
De Bruyne 100
Bernardo 120
Foden 120
Grealish 60
Sterling 50
Palmer 20
Mahrez 50
Torres 60
Jesus 70

Ederson 80
Steffen 20
Walker 40
Stones 60
Dias 100
Aké 20
Laporte 60
Cancelo 80
Zinchenko 30
Rodri 80
Gundogan 50
De Bruyne 100
Bernardo 120
Foden 120
Grealish 60
Sterling 50
Palmer 20
Mahrez 50
Torres 60
Jesus 70
Cancelo is worth 100 incredible player who keeps getting better. Jacky boy is worth 80, Walker is worth at least what we paid for him, Gundagon 70 and Phil is 150+ other than that I think you’re about right.

Taking into account age, contract length & the market I've gone with:

Ederson 85
Walker 50
Stones 60
Diaz 100
Laporte 60
Cancelo 80
Silva 100
Gundo 45
KDB 95
Foden 130+
Rodri 90
Jesus 55
Sterling 45
Mahrez 45
Torres 60
Zinchenko 35
Jesus £55m, ha ha put another 25m on top of that, and Torres should be £75m at least, hey ho I get it, it’s everyone’s own opinion

Jesus £55m, ha ha put another 25m on top of that, and Torres should be £75m at least, hey ho I get it, it’s everyone’s own opinion
Be very interesting how the Torres situation pans out. A young player, Spanish international but could be influenced by a return to Spain.
I can recall very few players being sold for high transfer fees.

Be very interesting how the Torres situation pans out. A young player, Spanish international but could be influenced by a return to Spain.
I can recall very few players being sold for high transfer fees.
How long has Torres left on his contract ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.