What would you say constitutes a hard core fan?

Those of us who emigrated down under who can no longer get to attend games but get out of bed at ridiculous ours to tune into a "live" stream.
Can you imagine my predicament in 2012 when the only feed I could get was a teleprint feed of the QPR game - almost as bad as being in the ground and suffering watching the action and the clock ticking closer and closer to the final whistle.

There is no definitive answer really to this pointless question.
If you're a single parent working two jobs and can only scrape together time and cash to go twice a year you are every bit as hard core as the twenty something who goes to 30 plus games a season but has spare cash and no other commitments .
Everyone's circumstances are different.

Merry Christmas
Absolutely...

Bryan Hince? A well known regular.

Bryan and his mate Pete ended up doing a half each at Fulham in the early 2000s as Craven Cottage only had one disabled space for away supporters then. There was a media campaign beforehand to find a solution but to no avail.

The flip side to that was when we played Aris away. When City enquired about how many disabled spaces they had they said none as, incredibly, they had never been asked for any before. What they then did was ask how many disabled fans wanted to attend and they then created enough spaces for all of them. Bryan told me that Aris then treated them all as VIPs, which is a great credit to them.

Don't know about hard core but remember going away mid week Blackburn early 60s aged 10 on train and getting back after midnight, I told mum it was at Maine rd,still at primary school (Peacock street) also midweek cup replay Elm park Reading won 7-0 only time we have ever scored 7 away from home.Been going home and away for 56 years but don't do many these days so probably a part timer.

Not at all mate,you have done your shift,and some,it's upto the younger generation to take up the reins and move the support forward,and we have them,and hopefully their kids will all be Blues as well,nothing pleases me more than to see young kids with City shirts on,it was Rag and Dipper dominated when I was a kid,but we are getting there now

As a young lad stood in the Scoreboard End when Denis backheeled them down and lived to tell the tale, so yeah.

Haha, yeah I was there with my younger brother. I was 20 and he was 15. We ended up in Salford Royal Hospital as he got a broken nose, I've never let him forget it!

Worked a 9 hour night shift starting at 9pm.
Caught the coach to West Ham at 8am.
Coach breaks down near Watford.
Replacement coach takes an hour to arrive.
Got stuck in the London traffic.
Got to Upton Park at Half-time.
City Winning 1-0.
Watched the 2nd half.
City lost 4-1(or was it 3-1?)
Back on the coach.
1 hour to get out of the street/round the block.
Coach driver then got lost in London.
Got back to Manchester at 2am.
Never been to West Ham since.
Scared for life. Lol!

Bloke one row in front of us at the Everton game - his Matchday experience:

2 Everton fans being thrown out, security having trouble getting them out, lots of pushing and shoving. This lad then pushed his way to the stairs, lands two punches and one kick on one of the Everton fans. Goes back to seat, and tells us he has City down for 3-1.

Hard core fan.........

Those of us who emigrated down under who can no longer get to attend games but get out of bed at ridiculous ours to tune into a "live" stream.
Can you imagine my predicament in 2012 when the only feed I could get was a teleprint feed of the QPR game - almost as bad as being in the ground and suffering watching the action and the clock ticking closer and closer to the final whistle.

You emigrated, you chose a better life over city, you automatically are disqualified ;-)

Only messing, fair play getting up for every game is hardcore loyalty.

Who cares we’re all blues and blues should stick together, it’s not a competition.

Throughout your life we’ll all have different periods of going home & away religiously, just going to home games or maybe not at all depending on circumstances. I’ve been lucky enough, healthy enough and been able to be afford to go whenever I want (excluding the Euro aways). However, my personal circumstances mean I don’t want to go as much these days. That’ll change again though at some stage I imagine.

Bloke one row in front of us at the Everton game - his Matchday experience:

2 Everton fans being thrown out, security having trouble getting them out, lots of pushing and shoving. This lad then pushed his way to the stairs, lands two punches and one kick on one of the Everton fans. Goes back to seat, and tells us he has City down for 3-1.

Hard core fan.........

Hard core bellend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.