What would you say was the happiest 5 year period of your life?

36 - 41 newly single, in a good place financially and health wise. Spent as much time as I could with friends and family before moving to the US.

Moved into a flat at 19 and life began for real for the next 5 year’s, I had a great time and freedom to do what I wanted, got married and we had our first baby it was an amazing time those 5 years, still just as happy.

Trying to answer this made me realise what a great life I have led since leaving school (which was shit).

If pushed, I'd say 1999-2004 (40-45). Newly divorced, internet dating and having my young sons (6 and 11) to myself 50% of the time which meant football, fishing, films, pizza everything that lads like doing.

Moved to Scotland at 21 & raising a young family wasn't easy as money was tight but i had purpose, i had dreams, i loved that time of my life.
Now, i just drift along, 2 of my 4 Children have left home, if i'm honest, i have no idea what i'll do when my youngest two leave as well but that's life, that's how it's supposed to be.
Oh for the kids to be young again haha.

17-22. After a year of dying slowly working in an office I joined the navy. I was travelling the world, having great adventures, partying 24/7 especially when on leave and I was young and everything was exciting and achievable. As others have said though life is ups and downs in every period. One beautiful thing about working away though and everyone who has done so where you spend extended periods isolated from friends, family and society will probably agree. It is the moment your period of duty is up and you're showered, packed and on your way to the airport to fly home, it is the closest you will ever feel as an adult to the feeling you had as a kid at Christmas. Pure unadulterated happiness and appreciation.

83 - 88 aged 20 / 25
Quit my job, travelled around the States, came back, signed on for 3 years and had a 20 hour a week cash in hand job.
Never missed a City game entire 84 / 85 season including all home reserve / youth cup games and a few pre season games too.
Saw The Smiths 5 times and loads of other gigs too including Glastonbury 86 (£19 a ticket bought on the way down from HMV in Bridgewater)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.