What's a good salary?

Apart from the free childcare vouchers, the Child Tax Credits, The Child Benefit.

And all other associated benefits that are available as a result of Child Tax Credits (Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit etc)

Anyone who has a kid these days and finds themselves financially worse off, regardless of whether they earn £10k or £100k, is obviously not playing the system to their full advantage.

How do you play the system if you're on PAYE?
How does this single parent earning £35k PAYE with £100 a week child care costs play the system? I don't think 62.5p CTCs a week is playing it to the full advantage you suggest they could.

So you're all in favour of all the feckless, financially irresponsible, debt junkie morons and ten bob millionaires just being bailed out and having debts (often repeatedly) written off then?
Prison cells should be kept for pedos, oap bashers, repeat burglars,etc not for someone who has debt or been bankrupt your a bit of a fruit cake pal if you really mean what you say.

Bang on.

People think those at the top don’t do anything and just sit back counting the money, as you’ve put it.

In reality they’re under an outstanding amount of pressure.

Don’t forget we also risked a lot to start our businesses in the first place! I didn’t pay myself for 6 months whilst making sure my staff were paid!

Don’t forget we also risked a lot to start our businesses in the first place! I didn’t pay myself for 6 months whilst making sure my staff were paid!

Absolutely.

I’m reading Elon Musk’s biography currently and he slept in his first office, when he founded Zip2, on a beanbag and they used to eat at the cheapest fast food chain at ridiculous hours.

For a period after they got some money, Musk and his brother rented a cheap flat and only had two mattresses in there.

The trick for business leaders is remembering where they have come from.

Particularly if there is only one parent working and taxed under PAYE. A 100k salary will probably give a take home pay of around £5k per month

There's some horrible unfairnesses in our current tax system. One such is the difference in household take home pay, if you have 2 people working versus 1.

I am the sole earner in our household and therefore I get one personal allowance (if I get any at all) and one lower rate band and most of my income is taxed at the higher rate. As compared to my neighbours who both work and who both earn roughly half what I earn. They get 2 personal allowances and at the same time, most of their income avoids higher rates of tax.

The net effect when I last worked it out was that they were about £35 per day, better off than us, every single day. A free meal out, on us, every day. And this is with their household earning precisely the same as ours earns. How can that be fair?

And incidentally, we have no kids, so unlike them we didn't get child benefit either, whereas they do.

Yet I am on of the "rich" who Corbyn wants to tax further, whilst leaving my neighbours untouched. Incidentally, my NHS-employed, 12 weeks holiday year, Labour voting neighbours.

I've had 3 days off this year and had to work weekends and actually on the days off as well. But I am not paying enough tax, apparently??!?! Whereas my neighbours who pay £10k+ less tax are paying more than enough and in fact deserve more benefits.

Last edited:
There's some horrible unfairnesses in our current tax system. One such is the difference in household take home pay, if you have 2 people working versus 1.

I am the sole earner in our household and therefore I get one personal allowance (if I get any at all) and one lower rate band and most of my income is taxed at the higher rate. As compared to my neighbours who both work and who both earn roughly half what I earn. They get 2 personal allowances and at the same time, most of their income avoids higher rates of tax.

The net effect when I last worked it out was that they were about £35 per day, better off than us, every single day. A free meal out, on us, every day. And this is with their household earning precisely the same as ours earns. How can that be fair?

And incidentally, we have no kids, so unlike them we didn't get child benefit either.
The majority of 40 and overs on here will have children so all will be entitled to child benefit so them having kids doesn’t have jack shit to do with you,they both work as you’ve stated what’s the problem find it strange you know the salary of your neighbors next door certainly not something we discuss with our neighbours it’s usually football the garden etc, have you mentioned to them how you feel

The majority of 40 and overs on here will have children so all will be entitled to child benefit so them having kids doesn’t have jack shit to do with you,they both work as you’ve stated what’s the problem find it strange you know the salary of your neighbors next door certainly not something we discuss with our neighbours it’s usually football the garden etc, have you mentioned to them how you feel

So you think that our household having to pay £12,500 more tax than them, when we earn the same, is just "fair enough"? "What's the problem?" Seriously???

How about you hand over £12,500 to me every year? What's your problem with that?

So you think it's right that our household having to pay £12,500 more tax than them, when we earn the same, is just "fair enough"? "What's the problem?" Seriously???

How about you hand over an extra £12,500 to me every year? No problem.
Your blaming your neighbors though for it they don’t make the rules they go to work as you stated they’ve had children like many millions of other families their not defrauding their living and working within the laws of this country, instead of singling them out go to your mp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.