What's best way to contact City+ for support

robsta

Has anyone got a phone number or a different email to the one below to get support from City+. Beeen able to watch on my Smart TV ever since City+ was launched but stopped wotking last week. My a/c is ok as can see on other devices but want it fixed for my TV.

I mailed address this address DigitalSupport@cityfootball.com 1 week ago but no response.

(Admins: I searched forums before posting but couldn't find anything)

Thanks

If you can set the TV to update all Apps try that, they are usually set to auto update though.

Do you ever switch the TV off entirely at the wall or do you just put it into standby? Switching off entirely (plug it out of the wall for instance) and leaving it for a couple of minutes wouldn't be a bad idea as everything should update while it's rebooting.

The other thing to try (perhaps the first thing) is to sign out of the App if it'll let you get that far.

If you can set the TV to update all Apps try that, they are usually set to auto update though.

Do you ever switch the TV off entirely at the wall or do you just put it into standby? Switching off entirely (plug it out of the wall for instance) and leaving it for a couple of minutes wouldn't be a bad idea as everything should update while it's rebooting.

The other thing to try (perhaps the first thing) is to sign out of the App if it'll let you get that far.
Thaks for suggestions. Yeah done everythng those and all I could think of. I don't usually switch TV off completely but tried complete re-boot, tried looking for any app updates. It doesn't let me get as far as signing out of the app. I just get the "you need to subscribe" box" and then whirling circle of death. It's weird because up to a couple of weeks ago it had worked fine every time. Wondered if my TV had done a system update that's made City app incompatible.

Thaks for suggestions. Yeah done everythng those and all I could think of. I don't usually switch TV off completely but tried complete re-boot, tried looking for any app updates. It doesn't let me get as far as signing out of the app. I just get the "you need to subscribe" box" and then whirling circle of death. It's weird because up to a couple of weeks ago it had worked fine every time. Wondered if my TV had done a system update that's made City app incompatible.
Is it a Samsung by any chance? We used to support the ITV App on various platforms and every single time Samsung put an update out (TVs or mobiles/tablets) it would break their App. They'd have their tech guys rush out an update to the App whilst we got inundated with frustrated customers.

It's made me a bit bitter towards Samsung to be honest :(

It's not working on my TV either, A Samsung. I suspect it's the telly. I've subcribed but I get the message I need to subscribe but I can't click on the boxes to either change my details or launch the live feed. Crap TBH

Has anyone got a phone number or a different email to the one below to get support from City+. Beeen able to watch on my Smart TV ever since City+ was launched but stopped wotking last week. My a/c is ok as can see on other devices but want it fixed for my TV.

I mailed address this address DigitalSupport@cityfootball.com 1 week ago but no response.

(Admins: I searched forums before posting but couldn't find anything)

Thanks

I'm still waiting for them to get back to me about accepting my money, I guess I won't be bothering now then.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago, and I've got the City+ app loaded on an Amazon TV Firestick which is connected to my Sharp TV. I contacted the same email address at least twice and waited a very long time for a reply. I then sent quite a vitriolic email complaining that I had had no help with my problem despite still paying for the app. I had one or two email exchanges which turned out to be very helpful. If it's any help, this was the final message I received:

"We’ve taken a look at this one and are aware of a couple of similar reports from other users. Amazon Fire TV users can resolve this issue by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Manchester City > Clear Data & Clear Cache. We’ve just created a quick video over here to show the steps, if it’s needed >> https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aj88KsjGcB2UgYFrFcC-Vu7ediZdcw"

After I followed these instructions, everything worked. However, lately, when I try and watch WNRH before a game, it's not showing as available, despite it being viewable on the City website and Facebook live. If it does eventually display and play, there is often a stop/start video issue and I am considering cancelling my subscription (again) because of these irritating problems.

Hope this helps!

Sorry been working so only just had chance to look back at this.
Thanks for the responses and suggestions but still no joy. Been chasing Digital Support but still no detailed reply, I at least have an an automated "we'll be in touch soon" one which I didn't get first time. Going to write to the cancel subscription address they have quoted now, don't really want to cancel as I can at least watch content on other devices but pI55ing me off they don't provide support for a service we are paying for. Cheers @hants_bluepants for the detail. My (Sony) tv doesn't seem to have same options as shown in that video but going to have a look around see if I can find similar. Cheers all

Just posting an update as finally got a reply re the City+ app, mine is now fixed but noticed others in here saying they had similar problems.

Got a reponse after replying to one of the City+ ads for the latest content. Thought it would be a noreply email address but it did the trick and got passed on to a guy that was very hepful. He explained some recent issues they'd had and some with particular TV models. I am not going to post his name and email address here but if anyone still having issues then PM me and I'll give more details. He did also say you can mail the usual mancity@mancity.com support address and it will get passed to the people hanlding City+.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.