What's happened to BLUE MOON before games ?

yep

na na na nanana nanana CITY

Post match after that derby win was immense

Also, that was huge pay back for when they kept us behind after they beat us in the league cup semi final the previous year. Kept us back and played united songs down the tannoy. That was a club decision, small
Minded wankers

As buzzer said.... we’ll come back here and hammer them

Last edited:
Why is it a scouse song?

It's a City chant and always has been.

Like walk on was once........

because when i think of hey jude i think of the beatles/ liverpool. i dont really think of city. id much prefer a song more associated with the club/manchester as a walk out song. the boys in blue for example represents us better imo. as a chant or at the end of the game hey jude is great, just not for a walk out song.

loads of clubs sing hey jude as well so you equally say its not just a city chant.

Last edited:
Thought "Seven Nation Army" with the pre recorded KDB lyrics prior to the Chinps League Boo-fest last night was awful.
We'll sing what we like, not what the club deems appropriate.
Yes please let's never ever put that on again it's was embarrassing.

Taking the piss out of Napoli was quality though!

why can't the club play the songs it did tonight, every game ? boys in blue before the players come out, hey jude and a bit of oasis. thats all thats needed.

yep

na na na nanana nanana CITY

It worked at that particular time. Saying that, we’d have chanted along to any old shite we were that excited and happy that night though. Like when we won the league a few weeks later, the club blasted “Sweet Caroline” our and fans were singing along to that too and that has nowt to do with our club.

I’d bet the atmosphere would have been very special had the club not made us sing along to Hey Jude that night n’all. Possibly better, who knows?

But, for me, pre-game fake atmosphere football karaoke is shit and simply not needed at all.

Just play The Boys In Blue when we come out and play it again at the final whistle and don’t do anything else. Leave out this Disney sing-a-long-esque rubbish and leave the fans to create or react to their own excitement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.