What's happened to BLUE MOON before games ?

The main problem with bluemoon is no one can agree on a version to play. Heard a rumour one version was ditched due to legal issues. The club recorded their own version with some bloke out of the smiths that was proper shit. They used to insist City square bands played a rendition which was very mixed, we all painfully remember the period of getting some pissed up nobody singing it pitchside. Once again the club have killed a good idea by tinkering too much..

Always enjoyed City coming out to right here right now. Think its embarassing right now that we come out to a dippers song. Especially having played red and Blue dippers recently who loved pointing that out. While I also hate artificial atmospheres or PA system driven atmospheres I feel we do have a problem at the Etihad. We have a mini Standing/singing section in ss3 which is great when we have away fans but getting the whole stand to join in is really really hard work.

This all day long,still sends a shiver down my spine when it's played,sometimes at the ground,brilliant

Totally agree. I'm just happy I was around in those days when i lived and breathed everything football and everything City. Brings back so many happy memories.

Are you kidding? Believe it or not, some of us were City fans before any City fan had even heard the word "Bluemoon" in association with City!
Obviously it's an age thing then. Blue Moon has been associated with City all my life which is why the hairs on the back of my neck stand up every time I hear it, I'm not saying it's a work of musical genius or anything but that's not why any of us like it, we like it because it instantly makes us think of MCFC every time we hear it, how can that possibly be a bad thing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.