What's happening with my toilet?

BlueMoonRisin’

I'm no plumber and can't work put what's happening when i flush my bog so I'm asking for good old BM advice. In the last week or I've been flushing my toilet and the water level has been raising without properly flushing properly.

Several turds have been resurfacing from from previously disappearing. One particular sweetcorn encrusted turd has bobbed up twice now, it's as if waving at me and taking the piss. : /

What's going on?

Serious answer first, have you lost a toilet rim block thing or similar down the bog? Sounds like a partial blockage. Is this an upstairs bog?
Second answer, brick the windows, smash the back door in, burn the place down and claim on the insurance

When you lift it if not blocked pour buckets if hot water down toilet as it might be a blockage in soil pipe. Or even a hose pipe if you have one that’ll reach.

Plumber here.

Sounds like either a blockage or like someone has said your fill valve is nackered meaning it’s not filling up properly and only flushing half a cistern which isn’t enough to flush away your turds.

Flush your toilet and take off the cistern lid and see how long it takes to fill up if it takes more than 2 mins it’s buggered.

Try using some of the liquid used for washing clothes..plumber trick I was told about,not too much..or get a plunger..for sure a blockage..if it is outside..should your drain run into a neighbours drain, the council will unblock..if not you can buy some rods from B&Q if you are brave !!! Had all these joys living in an old house.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.