Whats next for this squad?

Eoiyflem

Team supported
Manchester City
First of all, I think that with Laporte coming back, Eddie, Rodri regaining full fitness etc we have a great chance of winning the CL this season if we finally get the right decisions and a bit of luck along the way.

But, I do think that the past month or so has shown that we are in need of a bit of a revamp to get back to "full throttle". A few of the players are past their best and a couple just dont look like they have the same bite. Thats totally understandable for a side that has been so utterly dominant for the past few years

We have lost Vinnie, Sane is playing silly buggers by all accounts, Silva is leaving and some reports suggest Sergio could go back to South America at the end of the year. Thats a big deal in the long run.

Aligned to that Otamendi, as brilliant as he was in the Centurions year is done, Stones looks like he'll shit himself every time the ball comes near him and just always seems to fall short when we think its his time to step up. Mendy just cant stay fit with Angelino out of his depth at this level IMO - are we in the same scenario as we were at the end of Peps first season?

Massive positives are Cancelo looks a player, Foden is ready to step up and I think Garcia is definitely good enough to start playing more regularly in the side - who do we need to bring in?

I'd sell Sane to be honest if the money is right. I think we need a new CB (Koulibaly?), a striker/poacher, left back and I think getting another pacey left winger. Also, for me Jesus looks far better playing on the left/right of an attacking 3 rather than the main striker. I'd try and find players with genuine experience and leadership to freshen up the dressing room. Our policy of buying younger players has been a tremendous success so far but we've lost/losing big leaders in Vinnie/David/Yaya in recent times and need that aspect replaced.

As I said this isnt a "we're f*cked" thread, just discussing where this squad can be strengthened and improved to set us up for success over the next few years.

Sometimes bringing in a an older head works . Would love to know what our conversion rate for goals is this season how many shots on target and goals scored. Trying to think of a leader we can bring but can’t at the minute . I look at Jordan Henderson at Liverpool who is not tactically great but he is one hell of a motivator and is major asset to them. I think the nearest we have is kdb. Your right about sane . If he wanted to stay he wouldn’t have created soo much so he will go and we should charge top money for him but I think we will lose out. I like Jamie vardy and he would score 40 plus a season here

Sometimes bringing in a an older head works . Would love to know what our conversion rate for goals is this season how many shots on target and goals scored. Trying to think of a leader we can bring but can’t at the minute . I look at Jordan Henderson at Liverpool who is not tactically great but he is one hell of a motivator and is major asset to them. I think the nearest we have is kdb. Your right about sane . If he wanted to stay he wouldn’t have created soo much so he will go and we should charge top money for him but I think we will lose out. I like Jamie vardy and he would score 40 plus a season here

Aguero has never scored 40 + for us, but you think Vardy would?

I think at the moment Sergio needs too many chances to convert and vardy at the minute is far more clinical. Look we are not talking past Sergio we are talking now the present and moving forward. Sergio has been our greatest ever striker in my eyes but you have to admit we are missing far too many chances .

A striker over 5'-9" would be nice. Especially as we seem to be put a lot of high crosses in these days. A Dzeko clone would be a start, or another 'beast'. Let's see a bit of muscle up front for a change. Not a lightweight like Jesus.

Yep, time to start blooding Garcia and Foden in prem matches, I think 90% of city fans want to see that. What is Pep's problem with Foden, why does he think Gundogan offers us more in that attacking position?.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.