What's our strongest eleven?

This is or has been the problem. Trying to shoehorn big buys into a first 11 at the expense of balance or the need to nullify the opposition.

When all fit and on form:

Hart
Zab
Vinny
Otamendi
Kolarov
Dinho
Yaya
De Bruyne
Silva
Sterling
Aguero

Same answer as above
Sorry mate. You must have posted before I replied. I am still unconvinced about silva and KDB in the same team and would rather go with width navas and Stirling and Dave/KDB in the centre. Yaya/nasri as subs and Delph/ Fernandinho as our engine.

Sorry mate. You must have posted before I replied. I am still unconvinced about silva and KDB in the same team and would rather go with width navas and Stirling and Dave/KDB in the centre. Yaya/nasri as subs and Delph/ Fernandinho as our engine.
My belief is that it's a form issue than a player issue. If all are at their best, that is our best team. Zab and Kola are are width. They've been for 5 years running thats our identity.
Silva and DeBryune are cerebral creators. Aguero is Aguero. The issue is CM and how we play it. If we switch to a high pressure team, I like Delph/Dihno as the CMs. Also love Delphs movement almost as good as Nasri. But with more energy. Yaya then is limited to running the team out of the back, like he did yesterday, with the space to actually make plays.

And enough energy to chase down the Valencia of the world.

If Pep comes here, I'm almost certain barring Yaya choosing to leave, he will be our Alonzo.

My belief is that it's a form issue than a player issue. If all are at their best, that is our best team. Zab and Kola are are width. They've been for 5 years running thats our identity.
Silva and DeBryune are cerebral creators. Aguero is Aguero. The issue is CM and how we play it. If we switch to a high pressure team, I like Delph/Dihno as the CMs. Also love Delphs movement almost as good as Nasri. But with more energy. Yaya then is limited to running the team out of the back, like he did yesterday, with the space to actually make plays.

And enough energy to chase down the Valencia of the world.

If Pep comes here, I'm almost certain barring Yaya choosing to leave, he will be our Alonzo.
Hope you are right mate. I can't wait to see who he tries at pivot.

Hart
Sagna. Vinny. Otamendi. Kolorav.
KDB. Toure. Ferna. Delph.
Sergio. Kelechi.

Winning combination!!!

Hope you are right mate. I can't wait to see who he tries at pivot.
I can see a central 3 of Yaya, Silva and DeBryune with Pep going out to get speedsters on the wings.

Yay and Silva are phenomenal possession players. Pep cherishes that. DeBryune will need some work, but he is a gamer.

After the 101 pages of hyperbole after the West Ham match I guess we haven't got eleven players who are strong enough so we had better just give up altogether and just have Joe Hart in goal and Sergio running down the other end!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.