What's our strongest eleven?

------------------Hart------------------------------
Zaba--Kompany--Mangala/Otamendi--Clichy
------------------Yaya-----------------------------
------Fernandinho-----Silva---------------------
-----De Bruyne--------------------------Sterling
-----------------Aguero----------------------------

That's how I would like to see us play (assuming we could manage the seemingly unmanageable and get our back four up somewhere close to the midfield).
Plenty of flexibility, easy to switch De Bruyne and Sterling, or De Bruyne and Silva, or to push Silva in as a more orthodox No. 10 behind Aguero etc.

-----------------------------Hart--------------------------
Zabaleta----Kompany--Otamendi----Clichy
-----------------Toure---------Fernandinho---------
Nasri------------------Silva-----------------Sterling
-------------------------Aguero----------------------------

Yaya is the favourite boo boy this season and it would seem Silva is coming up behind him reading some of the stuff on here today.

There are three facts in regards to Toure.
1. He has been essential in Citys success for 5 years.
2. He can win a game from nothing on his day.
3. He currently clearly looks laboured when he plays.

Although he does get a lot of stick that may be too harsh at times, he clearly is under performing this season. He has set himself a bar so high that now the slightest mistake gets highlighted.

yep there is no strongest 11 its horses for courses, home v Watfords, West Broms, Sunderlands.... all the ball and need to break them down YaYa in. tough aways, Chelsea Liverpool United....no YaYa

i admire manuels "filosofee" of playing attacking football and when we are "on it" and the opposition "lets" us play "our "game, we are a joy too watch. And when everyone is fit we are a wonderful side.

But sometimes id like us to be a bit more "rigid" and stronger/tighter in midfield. Depends on the opposition and whether we are home or away but with yayas aging legs he should be used a bit more "sparingly". Nothing wrong in my eyes with dropping Yaya from time to time to accommodate a Delph/Fernandinho midfield two. We dont have to try and win every single game 3-0.

Who would be a manager hey!

1398556_Manchester_City.jpg

Against stronger sides I'd opt for

Hart
Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov
Yaya Fernando Dinho
KDB, Aguero, Sterling.

Against the canon fodder sides

Hart,
Zaba, Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov
Yaya, Dinho
KDB, Silva, Sterling
Aguero

I'll base my team on form rather than ability with the exception of a couple who are currently injured. This is what i want to see:

Hart
Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov
Delph, Fernandinho
Navas,Silva, KDB
Aguero

I know there's some big players left out there (Namely, Yaya and Sterling) but I think Delph has been immense when he's played this season and I cant drop Fernandinho because he's probably been our most consistent performer.

As for Sterling, I think he creates very little and is sometimes more of a hindrance than a help. I'm not a Navas lover but i think he's been great for us this season and offered more than Sterling. Hopefully, Sterling will only get better with age and become the player we all want him to be but as it stands, Navas all day.

My other option was having Sterling in the XI instead of Silva. Love David but he's been poor recently. Silva for Sterling with KDB central. Silva gets the nod simply because he can create something from nothing.

Bench:
Caballero
Zabaleta
Nasri
Sterling
De Mechillis (Gives us more versatility than Managla)
Inheacho
Fernando

There are three facts in regards to Toure.
1. He has been essential in Citys success for 5 years.
2. He can win a game from nothing on his day.
3. He currently clearly looks laboured when he plays.

Although he does get a lot of stick that may be too harsh at times, he clearly is under performing this season. He has set himself a bar so high that now the slightest mistake gets highlighted.

That's the problem. The bar was so high that any drop off is seen as underperformance. It may be underperformance by his very high standards but it is not complete crap. First five games of the season, five wins, five Yaya performances in a midfield 2. He was at fault for the first goal on Saturday (Along with others) but after that he was steady if not spectacular.

Against Sunderland the other week, we were 3-0 up in 20 minutes with him pulling the strings and his performance against Palace when he came on was excellent.

He was so good for 3/4 years that this level is seen as crap when it isn't.

My opinion is he shouldn't be playing two games in a week (Bet he does Wed though) and DB and SIlva should not also start when he does. it should be 2 of the 3.

More rotation and better management of him and he will still be useful for another couple of seasons. We will miss him when he is gone. I've no doubt about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.