What's the best you've ever seen City play?

Back in the day (from mid '70s until I went away to college in '83), I always used to say the best game I ever saw was a 0-0 at home (maine Road) though for the life of me I can't now recall who it was against or when it was! (dementia alert!).

Since I came back here in the early '90s and started going again it's been something of a mixed bag of quality and emotion.

So far this season we've been playing some of the best football I've ever seen in part so I'll reserve judgement until a) the wheels come off or b) we outclass shakhtar tonight and chelsea at the weekend...

Until then it's obvs york away, stockport away, halifax away, shrewsbury away....etc etc etc - or the spurs home game with rosler and walsh et al.

The second half of the (i think) league cup game when Kompany got sent off after about 10 minutes for being a defender and we went 3-0 down. Even though we got beat by the scum and knocked out of a competition i remember just being really happy with the performance second half. One of my favourites.

We completely played the shits off the park with 10 men.

One of the few losses to the scum I was not totally depressed, played them off the park in the second half and to come back from 0-3 to 2-3 with 10 men was a fantastic achievement. The stadium was rocking and the rags were really panicking. Memories a bit hazy but did n't we nearly grab an equaliser at the death, think Panty may was involved?

First half at Tottenham a few years ago, night game. Sergio was fantastic and the football was unbelievable.
Agreed, certainly for recent times anyway, this was jaw dropping football from us. I was actually LOL-ing watching it and going in only 1-0 up at the break seemed a travesty.

Barcelona (last year?) was sooo good.
I've not the best memory but that for me was exceptional.

I've fond memories of the 2001-02 season under Keegan, particularly the 5-1 at home to Burnley or the 6-2 away at Sheff weds was it? In recent times, the 6-1 is pretty hard to beat.

The second half of the (i think) league cup game when Kompany got sent off after about 10 minutes for being a defender and we went 3-0 down. Even though we got beat by the scum and knocked out of a competition i remember just being really happy with the performance second half. One of my favourites.

We completely played the shits off the park with 10 men.
it was the FA cup 3rd round..felt like a win at the end, remember at half time thinking they were going to do a 6:1 on us, just a couple of months after we had done it to them..everyone left the stadium buzzing, because we frightened the life out of them second half

The Spurs 5-1 where Dzeko scored 4 we were awesome. But my nod goes to the Hamburg game

Hamburg the first that came to mind for me. A game where we knew a huge effort would be needed to win the tie, the players certainly delivered the effort just luck stopped us going through. Beating Barcelona 3-1 takes it overall though, even with a typically Barca-sympathising ref we were simply too good for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.