whats the biggest game really?

de niro said:
play off final or cup final.well not the game, F.A cup pisses it, i mean to win.
discuss.

Monetry wise I'd say the play off's but prestige then the Cup... You get so much for promotion it can make or break a club. I know people will say to get to the FA Cup final you will have made money but as a one off game then the Play Off's for me.

As a one off game, definately the play-offs. But as a whole the FA Cup for the money and European football.

obviously the FA Cup is very prestigious and a huge trophy to win but i just cant help but feel that we wouldnt be anywhere near where we are at now had we not managed to get through that game!

SambaMan said:
As a one off game, definately the play-offs. But as a whole the FA Cup for the money and European football.
You've got those the wrong way around. As a one off game, the cup final is hard to beat, even though most of the recent ones have been shite. The last decent one I can remember was the Wet Spam/Dipperpool one. But in terms of monetary value, the Championship game is now looked upon as the richest club game in the world. It's supposed to be worth anything upwards of £40m. It dwarves the CL, for example.

The FA Cup would be nice to win, but the Play-Off Final we HAD to win. That's the difference for me.

jimharri said:
SambaMan said:
You've got those the wrong way around. As a one off game, the cup final is hard to beat, even though most of the recent ones have been shite. The last decent one I can remember was the Wet Spam/Dipperpool one. But in terms of monetary value, the Championship game is now looked upon as the richest club game in the world. It's supposed to be worth anything upwards of £40m. It dwarves the CL, for example.
You've converted me!

I'll go with what he said.

the fa cup final means more to the media alone... the big sides dont really fancy it anymore.! its great for the barsnleys when they can beat liverpool - last season ,, but the intensity and passion shown in playoff games like yesterday,, and ours 10 seasons ago, shows how much it can mean for the future of teams involved.. look where we are now after that dicky goal.. had that goal been in a fa cup final, and we were a struggling team in the 2nd division, we would be no-where now.. everyone in the world watches the fa cup.. thats the only reason it still exists!!
de niro said:
play off final or cup final.well not the game, F.A cup pisses it, i mean to win.
discuss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.