What's the ceiling of this City team?

I don’t see why we can’t win the lot given what we achieved last year and the nature of how we went out of the CL.

In terms of how we perform there isn’t much room for improvement because we’re near perfect, only thing we lack is total defensive solidity as proven on Saturday.

Hope Pep stays beyond the end of next season, I don’t think there’s anyone out there who could do nearly as good a job as he’s doing.

Well cheer the f**k up then ;-)

VAR didn't f**k us over this weekend, we did ourselves, despite probably playing the best football we ever have, and I gave you the reasons why we only drew (same points as centurion season at the moment, so hardly "down" :-) ). One thing they can't be seen to be doing with VAR, is only affecting City, it will be too obvious, and complaints will be made.
Dear PIGMOL we aren't you applying the rules to anyone else? PIGMOL fuck off! we made mistakes but the pen and the goal were all down to them,i shall take your advice and cheer up though lol

538 is the best for current rankings no doubt which is what you have there.

Clubelo is better at historic rankings. I’m not sure what you are looking at as Milan are number 5. People underestimate how good current City AND Liverpool are. They dominate the current best league in the World consistently.

Milan 93 are number 5 but Sacchi's Milan (88-90) is generally rated higher.

Anyway, I believe that the best is yet to come. If we manage to get both Mendy and Cancelo fit and playing and their best, our attack will annhilate top teams, not just midtable ones. We are in for a treat.

difficult to be objective when discussing your own team. Also the opposition has to be considered. Leicester took full advantage when others suffered a "blip", all credit to them, last year we had no such luck, season long battle on all fronts, compare that with the "centurion" season, pissed it by easter. Barce played "alien" football, their combination of all-time greats may never be repeated. AC and Inter looked impossible to beat when at their peak, their ability to convert one or two chances every game whilst conceding almost no goals was remorseless. My entirely personal view as a kfa is that we are two or three players short of perfection, a Philip Lahm level full-back, a Beckenbauer level cm and a deadly finisher. Not much to ask :). Still the most exciting team I've had the good fortune to watch is the present one.

Not sure we can get any better, results-wise ?

Over last 2 seasons, we've won 64 of our 76 league games, winning more games in each season than any other top-flight team ever has (even in longer 42-game seasons).

Last year we won more games across all competitions than any other English team ever ... and won all 4 English trophies - never done before.

All of which is frankly ridiculous.

Certain things we won’t be allowed to win. We all know that without external intervention we would have won the fuckin lot last season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.