What's the Deal with Domènec Torrent...?

I think Torrent had a falling out with upper management over there over signings + he had issues with the league itself.

Hmm.

I'm wondering if the NYCFC 'fans' have anything to do with it as they're so vehemently anti-MCFC as a whole.

They can be a bunch of idiots over there! That would be irony as Nick Cushing is there now and Ronny Delia(new manager) has links to CFG, too.

Maybe Torrent fell out with CFG...??

Hope someone can shed some light on it?!

Cheers!
And, from what I have seen on NYCFC twitter, Delia is not long for the manager role, either.

They chew them up and spit them out there.

And I have been to a few home and away matches with the supporters group early on from the formation of the club, including the opening match of the inaugural season (have the free cup they gave everyone at the gate as proof!). I can attest to them generally hating the very entity that lead to (and continues to allow for) their existence.

That general disgust wasn’t bad at first, mostly just from “fans” of other Premier League clubs (mostly United, Arsenal, and... Liverpool, oddly, given the ownership group is based on Boston).

But the Lampard CFG loan was a real turning point in their relationship with CFG and perception of City, with a few other skirmishes connected to us since. And the long-running stadium debacle has not helped, which some of them strangely blame us for (we’re apparently syphoning off money from CFG to stay afloat due to our FFP issues which is hurting them). They also now seem to partially blame us for Reyna leaving them, which they see as causing instability in the club’s upper management and overall operations.

I would liken many NYCFC supporters now to the child that resents their parents but has a dysfunctional dependency on them.

And, from what I have seen on NYCFC twitter, Delia is not long for the manager role, either.

They chew them up and spit them out there.

And I have been to a few home and away matches with the supporters group early on from the formation of the club, including the opening match of the inaugural season (have the free cup they gave everyone at the gate as proof!). I can attest to them generally hating the very entity that lead to (and continues to allow for) their existence.

That general disgust wasn’t bad at first, mostly just from “fans” of other Premier League clubs (mostly United, Arsenal, and... Liverpool, oddly, given the ownership group is based on Boston).

But the Lampard CFG loan was a real turning point in their relationship with CFG and perception of City, with a few other skirmishes connected to us since. And the long-running stadium debacle has not helped, which some of them strangely blame us for (we’re apparently syphoning off money from CFG to stay afloat due to our FFP issues which is hurting them). They also now seem to partially blame us for Reyna leaving them, which they see as causing instability in the club’s upper management and overall operations.

I would liken many NYCFC supporters now to the child that resents their parents but has a dysfunctional dependency on them.

Fooking hell! Reyna left too?!!

I think Delia has a 50% win rate or something? Torrent was way better, obviously!

That place is fooked up!

And I don't understand the loan problem since we loaned a lot of our kids to them to help them stay afloat! I really wanted to take an interest in them being our first sibling club, but my interest is waning badly!

It still doesn't explain what happened to Torrent, so if you could find out, that would be grand!

Fooking hell! Reyna left too?!!

I think Delia has a 50% win rate or something? Torrent was way better, obviously!

That place is fooked up!

And I don't understand the loan problem since we loaned a lot of our kids to them to help them stay afloat! I really wanted to take an interest in them being our first sibling club, but my interest is waning badly!

It still doesn't explain what happened to Torrent, so if you could find out, that would be grand!
I think this fanzine article I just found might go a long way to explaining both Torrent’s and Reyna’s departures.

I think Torrent had a falling out with upper management over there over signings + he had issues with the league itself.
Must be very difficult to work in that league if you have already worked in the top european leagues.

The standard is appalling.

Must be very difficult to work in that league if you have already worked in the top european leagues.

The standard is appalling.
I think it was more the travel and the admin, but I imagine what you've written rings true also.

I think this fanzine article I just found might go a long way to explaining both Torrent’s and Reyna’s departures.

Big thanks for searching that out as I didn't quite know where to look.

That's... SHOCKING if that's anywhere near accurate!

What i don't understand is I thought CFG had commitments to all the clubs under our umbrella, which what they said to allay the fears of the fans when they got the big sponsorship deals. Pretty sure they made a big deal of that very fact!

Why are CGF buying all these clubs if they can't afford to maintain them? Why would they want them to be a 'Crystal Palace' (no offence any Palace fans!) when I thought the aim was to turn mediocre teams into league beaters...?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.