What's the furthest you've travelled to watch City ?

Maine Road from the Falkland Islands when I was on my RNR does that count, its approx 16,000 miles I believe.

If not from 1979 - 82 I traveled to most home games from Wildenrath near M glad bach. Germany to Ostand ferry across to dover and train to London all for 30 quid, I was a member of the London Supporters club so jumped on their train at 10am into Manchester Pic and then the bus. Returning to Germany at 3pm Sunday.

Now I only do Salsibury to City a quick 560 mile round trip.

bluemoonmatt said:
Ive a feeling Wheelsy might win this.
Lol thanks. Schalke from Sydney via Hong Kong and Heathrow. But that was understandable...

But anyone who went to an Asian pre-season tour is mad.

Shanghai,August 2006.Played Shanghai Shenhua and Kashima Antlers(Japan).About 14 hrs flying time.Top piss-up.

Not sure it would be the furthest but definitely the coldest, Falklands to Wembely via Ascension Island and RAF Northwood on a bloody herc as the tristar flight was cancelled, most people decided to wait the 2 days. 40 hours of constant travel/waiting for the RAF/ Trains and taxis to arrive promptly at Park way Tube a good 20 minutes before kickoff.

Cyprus (Omonoia) / Faroe Islands (Streymur) / Denmark (Midtjylland, Aalborg, Copenhagen) / Germany (Schalke, Hamburg) / Spain (Santander, Barcelona) / Belgium (Lokeren) / Poland (Groclin) which ever of these is furthest probably Cyprus

barcelona, or copenhagen have to be furthest, however toughest journey was coming back from copenhagen we lost the passports halfway on our way home so had to go all the way back, then rush back to get back in time for the liverpool game. Only just made it. That was an insane week with pompey away, copenhagen away then scousers away all in 1 week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.