What's the ratio of City to Utd in Manchester now?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Marvin, 28 Jul 2019.

1. I'll start counting......

Obviously not in Stockport though

2. Marvin

Marvin

Depends who you are referring to. We're no.1 in Manchester now by numbers by every metric.

Doesn't matter whether you're talking about match-going fans, or just people in general.

If you are referring to England, and committed fans, I agree roughly.

If you are talking globally, it will take 2-3 years no more. Look at the data.

China has the largest population on Earth by some distance. As at 31 Dec 2018, these are the Weibo subscriber figures:

Man Utd 9,318,276
    Man City 8,312,356
    Barcelona 5,950,462
    Arsenal 4,718,016
    Chelsea, 4,257,054
    Real Madrid 3,470,462

Clearly this is just part of a wider picture, but I think this type of support changes very quickly season by season acccording to who wins what, and which league is being broadcast in which country.

Dribble likes this.
  3. mayo31

mayo31

What was the pub called

4. kevin horlocks wand

kevin horlocks wand

I am on holiday in Spain and the guys that sell fake stuff have Arsenal city Liverpool and Chelsea shirts not seen many United shirts to be fair

It’s turning

Dribble likes this.
  5. Marvin

Marvin

In my last job, CIS there were two Man Utd season ticket holders, and one just kept the ticket to sell on. There were about 7/8 City season ticket holders and that was the same on previous job. Back in 2001, the number of City and Utd season ticketholders in Manchester was more or less the same.

Since then, everything has moved our way. Our stadium has gone from 34k to 55k, and we've gone from being relegated to winning back to back league titles and a treble/quadruple.

Dribble likes this.
  6. I usually go in The Radclyffe arms to watch games I can't get to.

7. Manchester1894

Manchester1894

In my office of 40 people there are loads of reds and 3 blues. I work in Moss Side. I live in Withington, and generally see more blue shirts, but I think in football you see the more successful team more out and about. United have more fans in Manchester at the end of the day due to the age/success of their team. However, you look in the playground of my 8 year old son (West Didsbury) and it's totally City now. This has been happening for about 3/4 years now. If we maintain the success for at least another 5 years, that will be enough to takeover totally.

8. Ardwick Green Blue

Ardwick Green Blue

I reckon we are taking the '9 year old boy' market. When we were shite you would often see families of Blues where the lad would say he was a United fan at around that age as if the team you support is rubbish then you are too. We lost loads because of this.

The boot is on the other foot now as United are shite, boring and, crucially, they win fuck all.

Kirkstall Blue likes this.
  9. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

You only have to be in the city centre after a game, when we've played we're everywhere, be in town after a scum game & you'd be hard pressed to know they've actually had a game...long distance travelling can be a bitch.

Dribble likes this.
  10. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

You can look closer to home.

Warrington/Wigan/Bolton/Oldham/Bury/Rochdale. - rags everywhere. City fans still
    Make up a very small minority in Warrington. It’s growing but rags and red scousers rule the roost.