What's the 'roughest' area in GTR MCR

bluemoonmcfc

Obviously places like Longsight, Cheetam Hill and Moss Side usually get a mention when thinking of some of Manchester's roughest areas but what areas are the roughest in the surrounding areas.

Having grew up in Rochdale some of the worst areas I seen where Bacup, Darnhill in Heywood, Newbold in Rochdale, Langley in Middleton and an area of Bury I can't remember the name of.

Re: What's the 'roguhest' area in GTR MCR

The overspill estates usually get the worst press..... so take your pick from
Langley, Partington, Hattersley, Brinnington, Little Hulton and then there's Wivvy!

However, equally there are other places such as Adswood, Broughton, Harpurhey / Monsall that get bad press too.

bluemoonmcfc said:
Obviously places like Longsight, Cheetam Hill and Moss Side usually get a mention when thinking of some of Manchester's roughest areas but what areas are the roughest in the surrounding areas.

Having grew up in Rochdale some of the worst areas I seen where Bacup, Darnhill in Heywood, Newbold in Rochdale, Langley in Middleton and an area of Bury I can't remember the name of.

BACUP!! WTF Its as rough as a babys arse!

having lived in Tintown, Warlde (where the next door neighbour got killed when i was in the next house) Kirkholt and Queensway, Bacup is like miles apart.

Bacup pffftss!!

Robbo. said:
bluemoonmcfc said:

having lived in Tintown, Warlde (where the next door neighbour got killed when i was in the next house) Kirkholt and Queensway, Bacup is like miles apart.

Bacup pffftss!!

Tintown, that's next to/part of the estate I grew up. Was born in Kirkholt. Wouldn't say Queensway was rough though....always though Wardle was one of the nicer areas?

Everyone has their own perception on this. My personal view is that Wythenshawe is the roughest place, however I fully expect folk from there to believe North Manchester is the roughest. All depends what 'rough' is depicted as. Moss Side and Hulme have gangs galore, shootings et al. Moston has a habit of young kids using blades. Wythenshawe seems to have the lot. Our office used to be based in Hulme and people from the south of Mcr would always have a pop at me for being from the North of the city. 'how many people have you heard being shot dead by a rival gang in North Manc of late?' is what i'd ask, (in reference to the gang land bollocks that went on in in Moss Side. That usually got a gormless look of 'I can't answer that'. Some would then say they didn't describe gang warfare as rough, they described rough as being car thieves and scallys. 'Ah, so having death galore on your doorstep isn't rough, but having car thieves galore is?'.... This row would go on a daily basis at work. My personal view is that anywhere from the bottom of Portland Street onwards, (going towards Hulme), is a shit hole, which I expect the opposite view is from our friends in the South of the City.

bluemoonmcfc said:
Robbo. said:

Bacup pffftss!!

Tintown, that's next to/part of the estate I grew up. Was born in Kirkholt. Wouldn't say Queensway was rough though....always though Wardle was one of the nicer areas?

Queensway had its days, especially behined the school on Hartley Lane. Wardle isnt nice mate, If you lived near Birchhill Hospital it was a shit hole, thats where i lived for about a year.

Robbo. said:
bluemoonmcfc said:

Queensway had its days, especially behined the school on Hartley Lane. Wardle isnt nice mate, If you lived near Birchhill Hospital it was a shit hole, thats where i lived for about a year.

Never really got out of Newbold, Kirkholt, Freehold, Falinge and town centre areas much. Don't think I've ever been to Wardle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.