What's your biggest 'City' regret?

MCFCinUSA

(expat based in USA) but past year back in the UK
Team supported
City since 1977
I just answered the 'Where are you from?' post:-

London, BUT moved north when I was five, and of course did my 'residency' in Moss Side while a student...

If the posting had asked I would have added I've been supporting City since the late 70s, holding my Maine Road season ticket until I started to work on and off in the USA in the late 80s, before I took up residency here in the early 90s.

Due to the timing of my American move I missed out completely on the Kinkladze years. I NEVER once saw him play, and neither have I ever seen a televised match he played in; coverage back then not being what it is today.

So my question is as stated - What's your biggest 'City' regret?

Obviously mine was missing Kinky turn out in a blue shirt, and while I have fond memories of our players and squads from the 70s and 80s teams, there is a huge void in my memory from the mid 90s, and of course one of the most warmly appreciated players we've ever had kick a ball for us.

(%&% it!)

- oh yes, and I blame it all on Ajay ;o)

Missing the era of Colin Bell. My first City home game was the one where he got badly injured and never really recovered thereafter. At least I was at Wembley in 1976 to watch us collect our last ever trophy...sorry to remind everybody that it's been so long!

That we didn't sign Dan Van Buyten when we had the chance. He was avaliable for 5.5m and we had no cash at the time. He was the best defender I have ever seen in a blue shirt......Oh for him now!!!!

Letting Quinny go has to be up there.

He was getting better and better, left us then had possibly the best period of his career.

Cheers Alan Ball.

Not had many personal City regrets really.

Maybe going to the York City away match with a terrible ear infection, having to stand outside in the freezing cold and watch as we got beaten. Was a very painful/depressing journey home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.