What's your biggest regret?

1_barry_conlon

Following on from the 'biggest fear' thread what are peoples biggest regrets?

Could have been a job opportunity you didn't take?

A girlfriend/boyfriend you ditched?

Mine was a trans-atlantic love affair. She was in Baltimore and i was here and it was mid 80's so back and to across the atlantic at the time wasn't an option.

I called it a day as i knew it would never work. But her dads business has took off somewhat since those days....bugger!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.leggmason.co.uk/landing.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.leggmason.co.uk/landing.aspx</a>

Never getting any 'proper' qualifications beyond my A Levels. Something I think about at least once a week...

Not sleeping with an ultra hot girl because I had a girlfriend (it took all my willpower). My girlfriend then broke up with me a week later. I don't think she had any idea why I was so mad at her when she broke it off.

Mine was not accepting a job in Magaluf in 1993 when I was 19 because my daughter was due even though I wasn't with her Mam ! Don't regret having my Princess but regret missing out on an opportunity to do the door with that much fanny floating around :)

Not a regret as such, more a nagging question.

5 years ago I had a really severe virus that knocked me sideways for the best part of 5 or 6 weeks. When I finally felt like I was back close to 100% I went for a game of football but the exertion pushed my body over the edge and triggered off M.E/Chronic fatigue which I’ve had ever since and it has limited me hugely. I sometimes wonder how different things may have been had I given myself another couple of weeks recuperation. Having said that I’ve subsequently got to know some very nice people who I wouldn’t have done had it not been for that turn of events so for that I can be thankful.

Too many to mention ......

wouldn't know where to start !

BillyShears said:
Never getting any 'proper' qualifications beyond my A Levels. Something I think about at least once a week...

There's no need to worry about that if you're able to work your way up somewhere. A good Employer will train you or you can always study again under your own steam.

peoffrey said:
BillyShears said:

There's no need to worry about that if you're able to work your way up somewhere. A good Employer will train you or you can always study again under your own steam.

I suppose that depends on how old you are ....

the older you are the less inclined you're likely to feel to want to adapt to studying ......

and by the time you DO gain any qualifications , it'll probably be time to retire!

Dont regret anything I have done, got a few irks with things I should have done but for whatever reason didnt at the time.

Not dry bumming my ex Mrs of 11 yrs. All the shite she has thrown my way would of been water off a ducks back if I could of had her biting the matress in pain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.