What's your idea of a good salary?

Enough to pay the mortgages/bills and for a holiday each year with a few hundred quid a month to put in your savings.

I get a fairly decent benefits package (work pay 5% into my pension, private health care, critical illness & death in service cover) although I honestly believe my wage should be slightly higher for the work I do.

ell said:
£100k a year GOOD?? Bloody hell I class anything over £30k as a good salary

Exactly my point.

It is if you are on minimum wage, or unemployed, which hundreds of thousands of people unfortunately are.

Some people spend that on school fees for their kids.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
ell said:
£100k a year GOOD?? Bloody hell I class anything over £30k as a good salary

Exactly my point.

It is if you are on minimum wage, or unemployed, which hundreds of thousands of people unfortunately are.

Some people spend that on school fees for their kids.

'Some people' as in probably 1-2% of the population who's kids go to private school

I'm with ell, I class anything as £30K plus as a good salary

It's not about how much you earn tho, its more about how much disposable income you have, and sometimes a bigger salary doesn't neccasarily mean more DI

I get by on what I earn have a new car and holiday. Was on 17k 2 month ago now on 29k if I nail down my perm contract. But it's all materialistic bollocks I will never buy a house in this over priced country it's a waste if time.

Considering the national average is £27k a year - anything over that is a good salary. However, it is completely dependent on your job. If you are a dentist then £27k is shite, if you are a shop assistant you'd be chuffed.

Re: What's your idea of a good salary?tpp

Well I think mine works out at 24k a year before tax. I come out with £1500 a month anyway. But I work weekends on foreigners most weeks for spends. I reckon like others have said 30k plus would be considered good.

I'm hoping to get to £30K from £25K in the next few years and would be happy on that if increased in line with the cost of living for the rest of my life, espcially if the Mrs can get upto £20k so our household income is £50k.

Too many variables to the definition "good".
I would define a good salary as one which allows a disciplined person to live a fulfilling life while remaining free of debt.

I like to earn enough so I never have to think about what I'm spending day to day, clothes, drink, holidays, football etc. Glad to say that's the way it is but it's been very hard work over the years!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.