What's your idea of a good salary?

I earn enough for me to be able to live alone in a nice apartment in the city centre and not have to worry about bills. That, to me, is a good salary considering I just hit 24 and came out of uni with all my associated debts just over a year ago.

My sister lives on half my wage and has a two-year-old to look after, but somehow she manages it (with a little help from family).

aguero93:20 said:
Nightmare Walking said:
As you should. I earn enough to save money, the missus' income is a bonus, but then again I happily drive a 2001 volvo and don't spend that much.

You compare your wage to your friends and my 30000 is more than what my friends earn. It was not till I heard what my pals at uni were earning that I realised something was amiss.

I owe the company I work for 2 years after finishing my degree. The 4on/4off suits me at present as it gives me time to do my masters. But once my masters is complete then I will be looking to move.
If I could give anyone here any advice it would be to look after no 1,to move whenever it suited them, I'm either out of my current job in February or on a pay rise by agreement and I push for that, don't short change yourself, if you feel you're better suited by moving, then move.

I need to weigh my options up really mate. It was pretty hard trying to study while working full time. I lost track of where I was trying to get to and just totally immersed myself in my studies. Having the degree seems to have got the monkey off my back and the masters does not seem too bad really.

I am going to spend till xmas looking at my options and then take it from there.

Nightmare Walking said:
Nightmare Walking said:
You compare your wage to your friends and my 30000 is more than what my friends earn. It was not till I heard what my pals at uni were earning that I realised something was amiss.

I owe the company I work for 2 years after finishing my degree. The 4on/4off suits me at present as it gives me time to do my masters. But once my masters is complete then I will be looking to move.
If I could give anyone here any advice it would be to look after no 1,to move whenever it suited them, I'm either out of my current job in February or on a pay rise by agreement and I push for that, don't short change yourself, if you feel you're better suited by moving, then move.

I need to weigh my options up really mate. It was pretty hard trying to study while working full time. I lost track of where I was trying to get to and just totally immersed myself in my studies. Having the degree seems to have got the monkey off my back and the masters does not seem too bad really.

I am going to spend till xmas looking at my options and then take it from there.

What's your masters in?

chabal said:
Nightmare Walking said:

What's your masters in?

I have pm'ed you pal

I think salary is a horrible barometer by which to measure happiness or success, so the idea of good is relative.

With a lot of jobs a good salary comes with a lot of sacrifices. If you're willing to make those sacrifices you can get paid a lot, but what's the point of you can't spend it?

That guy from pimco who resigned recently really talked a lot of sense.

His daughter handed him a list of 22 major things in his life he missed.

You can be ambitious, you can be hungry for success, but way up the costs because they will accrue

roaminblue said:
I think salary is a horrible barometer by which to measure happiness or success, so the idea of good is relative.

With a lot of jobs a good salary comes with a lot of sacrifices. If you're willing to make those sacrifices you can get paid a lot, but what's the point of you can't spend it?

That guy from pimco who resigned recently really talked a lot of sense.

His daughter handed him a list of 22 major things in his life he missed.

You can be ambitious, you can be hungry for success, but way up the costs because they will accrue

Very true mate. I want to do something I am going to enjoy long term. As long as I can afford to live then the satisfaction factor is the most important aspect I will be looking at.

I dislike what I term an arrogant approach to money. I grew up in a family and social environment where money was always a concern. I've moved away from that now, but I still tend to save rather than spend and I'd never think a few hundred quid was nothing. Being worried about money is a massive stress in life, so I'd say a decent salary is the point where you don't have to do that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.