What's your idea of a good salary?

SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:
SWP's back said:
I'd say good would be clearing £10k per month after tax, but it's entirely dependent on lifestyle etc.
No, clearing £10k a month after tax isn't a 'good' salary, it's high-end, amazing salary the likes of which 99% of people most of us know will never earn.
Depends where you are fella. In Qatar for example, GDP per capita is $146,000 per year with zero tax (and those figures include the poorly paid labourers).

Cost of living is higher though with rents in excess of most places in London and drink £10 per pint etc.

And the question is "What is your idea of a good salary?" and that is my idea of a good salary. A high-end salary would be considerably more, in my personal opinion.

Put it this way, I would never return to the UK to work now.
Good luck to anyone who can earn such a crust. It's still not in the 'good' category though!
Burgers are 'good'. Minute steaks are 'good' but neither compare to the high end, exquisite cut that is the fillet steak. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.