What's your preferred podcast/youtube/etc?

93.20 and Bolt From The Blue (BFTB) are my favourites...

I used to listen to a lot of football podcasts but, over time, I got fed up with at least one of their regular contributors and the anti City bollocks on most of them.

A podcast is only as good as the intelligence and clear thinking and personalities of the folks on it...

BlueMoon has its moments (and Howard Hockin) so I mostly enjoy that one too.

JJ

If anyone is interested in catching up with what's happening in Melbourne, talking city is a good listen. Generally they have a pod out each week during the season.

If anyone is interested in catching up with what's happening in Melbourne, talking city is a good listen. Generally they have a pod out each week during the season.

Is it general City stuff so anyone could listen, or is there some kind of specific Melbourne/Oz angle that most of us wouldn't be interested in?

I usually avoid podcasts that involve pundits, tv personalities, journalists etc. They're dull and their opinions are generally the same as what you'd get on TV and radio.

I tend to go with podcasts run by actual fans. I'd be inclined to give new ones a chance if they involve a Chelsea fan or two.

Touchline Fracas, for example, can be hilarious, but they can be a bit too London centric.

Is it general City stuff so anyone could listen, or is there some kind of specific Melbourne/Oz angle that most of us wouldn't be interested in?

Its almost entirely focused on Melbourne City, it's Mens/Ladies and youth team.

93:20 the free edition and 93:20 Player which I'm into my third season subscription are my favorites followed by Bluemoon, Bolt from a Blue and The Man City Show. For non City ones I listen to 606, Football Weekly and the Totally Football Show. Non football I enjoy tech podcasts mainly from Twit (The Week In Tech) network such as Mac Break Weekly, The TEch Guy and TWiT

I agree that the Peter Couch one is nauseating

93:20 is excellent

I used to listen to the Guardian one but a combination of James Richardson going to do The Totally Football Show(TFS) and not being able to put up with Barry Glendenning anymore forced me to stop

TFS is generally a good listen. The Times one is good but if Alyson Rudd is on there then give it a miss. The BT Football Writers’ one is pretty good but don’t bother with ESPN, just awful

Ian Cheesemans podcast is called "Forever Blue" always worth a listen , there's also City Eye , which is probably aimed at a younger audience , as they say things like "bear" meaning big or good ( I think ) and call each other "bro" quite often, still it's a decent podcast and can be quite amusing , same can be said for "noisy neighbours" which is similar to City Eye but with American hosts , the podcast they did around the time we played Liverpool at Anfield , had Johnny Marr on as a guest , talking about his life as a musician and city supporter , very good and sell worth listening to....

93:20 is essential for serious Blues. Great stuff.
Bolt From the Blue has Colin/Prestwich Blue and Ray from YouTube. Host seems a bit of a prat though.
Duncan Castles Transfer Window is actually very well informed and can be quite funny but the constant agendas at play can be irritating.
Totally Football is probably the best for Football in general.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.