Wheeler Dealers Questions

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Are Ed & Mike really good mates or just work mates ?
When Mike arrives at the workshop with his latest purchase and honks his horn, what is Ed doing inside the shed ?
Are the buyers real or actors ?
Why is Mike getting fatter with every series ?
Is Ed gay ?

nimrod said:
When Mike arrives at the workshop with his latest purchase and honks his horn, what is Ed doing inside the shed ?
Is Ed gay ?
Tune in next week when you will hear Ed say.....

Beswick Prize Bands Big Drum said:
nimrod said:
Is Ed gay ?
Tune in next week when you will hear Ed say.....
" My friend Paul will hold it for me"

For me that squat cockney **** is a right cheeky little twat. He skanks people off for their car and then takes it our Ed (who is apparently an inventor in real life) who lovingly spends weeks doing it back up. Sometimes ably assisted by Paul the mute. Meanwhile, fat Mike is pissing about 100 miles away buying custom floor mats which will "really set our classic car off and adds loads of moolah to my arsking price"

Back to the workshop where Ed smugly informs us he's made a spanner to get at a tricky nut that would have had me reaching for a lump hammer to cave my own face in. He has spent 600 on a new bonnet though, this has Mike wincing like a man shitting through a haemorrhoid as it is eating into his profit.

skip forward another day or two and the car is finished. Mike comes to the garage to see it and is,as usual, chuffed to bits with all Ed's hard work although he shamelessly undermines Ed by pointing out the floor mats. WHAT ABOUT THEM FLOOR MATS EH, ED? WOOOWWW!! AMAZING!!!

Some poor fucker comes along and Mike refuses to be budged on the asking price alarmingly at odds with his eagerness to haggle when he's the one buying.
hold out your hand, HOLD OUT YOUR 'AAAAND!
He then cackles triumphantly at the cameraman as the poor **** who thought he was appearing on a classic cars programme clicks on he's just spunked his life savings on a Triumph Dolemite.

and that, ladies and gentlemen, is wheeler dealers. Tune in next week.

BIRDA BIP BADDA BA DOWN

Although I enjoy watching it I don't believe virtually any aspect of it... from the 20% or so that he manages to knock off the asking prices of every car he buys, to the discounts he always seems to manage to get on parts and the very 'strong' sell on prices that he always seems to manage to achieve.

It's all make believe, or else this guy has got superhuman abilities at spotting mugs.

Several things annoy me about it, although generally I enjoy it.

- Ed does 90% of the work, Mike 'test drives' the car without fail afterwards.
- Sometimes, Ed does a shit load of work, spending 4 weeks stripping an engine to get an extra 2BHP, and they make a £25 profit.

I'm waiting for the episode where ed turns to fatty and says
"You've fucked up this time you stupid little fat fuck, the engines fucked, the gearbox is fucked and the chassis fucked. It's completely fucked."

Never any mention of the cost of getting the car from Newcastle to Norfolk, eds hourly rate of £40 p/h, I'm guessing these cars are MOTd before they're sold so there's the fee for that, the new plates they always seem to have and any of the piddling little things you always get with an older car.

To be honest I'd be ok with someone making £500 on a car that a qualified mechanic has spent 30 hours getting right and making sure it's roadworthy and safe.

jacko74 said:
Although I enjoy watching it I don't believe virtually any aspect of it... from the 20% or so that he manages to knock off the asking prices of every car he buys, to the discounts he always seems to manage to get on parts and the very 'strong' sell on prices that he always seems to manage to achieve.

It's all make believe, or else this guy has got superhuman abilities at spotting mugs.

Also every car he buys without actually doing more than a cursory glance and a 2 mile trip round the block turns out to have maybe half a dozen relatively small problems for good old Ed to fix whereas if you or I bought a car using that method then chances are it would turn out to be one big fukin lemon.
Then on top of this good old Ed does all this work on the car and is correct first time in every job he tackles whilst he adds up what has been spent, (usually ignoring a set of new tyres he has sneaked on the motor), then fat boy comes along and sells the car at a small profit completely ignoring the fact that there's a labour bill of upwards of a grand to be paid. Fantasy.

I like to watch the show, but you do have to take it al with a pinch of salt, and I heard somewhere the "buyers" can sometimes be members of the film crew!

What properly pisses me off is they hardly ever mention giving the cars a good service, i.e. oil and filters, how fucking basic is that? Not to mention a new cambelt, the things that real buyers ask about, but like I say, take it for what it is, and you'll enjoy it if you're into motors :)

If Ed actually got paid for the hours he puts in, they'd lose thousands on every car.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.