When 1984 became fact

My brother refuses to have internet, computer or a mobile phone.
His hobbies are rambling with his club and art classes.
I'm assuming nobody knows where he is.
There are occasions I leave my phone at home and go out for the day+night.

If it really was 1984, the police do a much better job of catching criminals.

The fact the vast majority get away with their crimes shows you that we’re not even close.

In 1984, the thought police catch those who are not criminals as they are the ones dangerous to the state. That is the point of 1984.

In 1984, the thought police catch those who are not criminals as they are the ones dangerous to the state. That is the point of 1984.

I have already admitted I hadn’t read it. I have just gone off the OP.

If what you are saying is true, then maybe we are nearly there.

Inspired by my sleepless night, I started listening to the Eurythmics album 1984 (For the love of big brother).
Example tracks:

Fake news by another name Doubleplusgood

When you're being watched

When your 'naughty' you end up in ... Room 101

@BlueHammer85 This is an absolutely superb album :-)

A very underrated track.

That album is some of their best work.

I have already admitted I hadn’t read it. I have just gone off the OP.

If what you are saying is true, then maybe we are nearly there.

Probably read it 10 times, You should read it. A timeless work. The Film , was it about 2014 was a good effort for those who do not like reading.
Did you know Orwell wanted the title as "1948"

I’ve tried to be as private as possible in my online life.

By that I mean, what I do online, is ... what it is, I don’t think I have any issues with my digital footprint that I’m leaving lying about.

I have more issues with the ‘voice’ and listening.
Step child2 got given an Amazon Echo...I said child2 could have it in their bedroom, and it should be turned off when child2 not there. And explained how it worked and the reasons why it should be off. Echo isn’t in the house :-)

All the kids and self and Mrs JASR have phone assistants turned off and the privacy settings on phones/tablets turned up as high as possible.

I think in my home, voice and video recording to the internet are one step too far. I could just about handle a nonInternet CC system for security, but luckily don’t require that (so far...).

Maybe I am a little paranoid. Heh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.