When Adam Johnson is fit does he have to play?

Mattyc55

First of all, could someone enlighten me about Johno's fitness, is he training?

When fit, I'm of the belief that AJ has to play in this side, in all probability he wont and some people put this down to him being wasteful/anonymous when he starts. The thing for me that differentiates him from the majority of our players is that he offers genuine width and pace to get in behind the opposition defence. Playing Johno also strengthens our ability to counter, something we used to do really effectively both home and away when Bellamy was in the side and at times earlier in the season (west brom and west ham). Yes he might lose the ball at times and frustrate, but doesn't Nani?

AJ has the confidence to take his full back and MAKE things happen, for every time he loses the ball, the next time he'll probably beat his man and do something positive. He's an enigma, and maybe a risk that Mancini (a la Mourinho with Joe Cole) has often been reluctant to play, but in my opinion, he has to give us that option on the wings, because quote frankly at the moment it's so ponderous and pedestrian, that were totally bereft of ideas when it comes to getting in behind unless Silva/Tevez provide us with some magic.

As I've said several times, Mancini's fear of losing may well end up being his downfall, and it really is having an impact on the way we play football. I pay to be entertained, and although I fully understand that it's a results business and the stakes are high, but I don't see why a team can't play expansive stuff without being ridiculously open and naive.

Get Johno back, he's going to be like a new signing for us when he gets back!

Bring on Sunday after that shower of shite!

for me johnson has always been an impact player.

when he's started he's just faded away, when he comes on he does more.

but if he was fit then i'd play him as we have no width whatsoever.

I'd start SWP against kiev, regardless of whether he's good enough or not, he offers us something different and our gameplan hopefully won't be one dimensional as it has been for a while.

Yes, its going to take weeks till he gets into Form and can help the Team. He has the Quality which is right now so badly needed.

Mattyc55 said:
Imagine a fully fit box-to-box MJ in that midfield now!

Are you suggesting we dig up Michael Jackson & play him in midfield? Even though he has been dead for a few years he might inject some pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.