When Henry met Mr Barton

toffee balls said:
He oozes charisma for me.

I just cannot help liking him. He is very real and vulnerable and his honesty is brutal.
When my nephew joined City as a kid , Jim Cassel used Joey Barton in his motivational opening day speach as the best example of being a professional footballer . He reasoned that " if Joey can make it with his background anybody can ".

I both like and admire him , faults an all.

Agreed. I thought it was a good article and I'll always be a fan. As a fuck up myself of a similar age to him he was always the most relatable to me. Though it's sort of funny to me I've joked about how annoying it is that he comes off like a freshman philosophy student and now he actually is.

I feel sorry for him. Clearly it's not his fault but everyone elses.

It was Ashley fault he left Newcastle.
It was Tevez fault he got sent off.
It was Tansy's fault for cigar-gate.
It was Dabo's fault he smashed him.
It was Warnock's fault for him playing gash.
It was Manchester City's fault he turned to drink and assaulted someone, resulting in him going to jail.
It was Question Time's fault he said he would vote for a racist party.

rick773 said:
toffee balls said:

I just cannot help liking him. He is very real and vulnerable and his honesty is brutal.
When my nephew joined City as a kid , Jim Cassel used Joey Barton in his motivational opening day speach as the best example of being a professional footballer . He reasoned that " if Joey can make it with his background anybody can ".

Agreed. I thought it was a good article and I'll always be a fan. As a fuck up myself of a similar age to him he was always the most relatable to me. Though it's sort of funny to me I've joked about how annoying it is that he comes off like a freshman philosophy student and now he actually is.
1239638148802.gif

I liked the bit where he said he's "reading" The Prince. It's not that much than a pamphlet, Machiavelli wasn't writing a novel. It's a thin book you can finish in a couple of hours.

jimharri said:
rick773 said:
toffee balls said:

1239638148802.gif

Though there is some good points in there (notably about Gerrard not stretching himself), the big problem I have is the notion that his "background" makes him in any way unique or "different" in the world of professional football?

I would imagine that the vast majority of trainees/players still come from similar Working Class/Lower Middle Class backgrounds.

Wow I feel like I have met the divine spirit, my well being has been enhanced and I am now ready to take on new challenges and fight the worlds wrongs, all from that one article.
Move aside Ghandi, forget everything Martin Luther King has ever said, His Holiness Joseph Barton has spoken.

The world is a better place.

Utterly self obsessed, up his own arse, attention seeking prick.

However lest we forget...

Thanks Joey!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.