When Team Building Courses go Wrong

Winchester

Team supported
Mcfc
Has Anyone ever been involved in these?

I Found some old notes from one years ago i went on

It ended in Rows,Threats and Disciplinary Action against 2 members of Staff who Squared up to Each Other.

It was Supposed to bring us Closer together,it ended up Driving Huge Wedges instead!

What a day that was,(Not!)

Did an outdoors one in the early 90s. The last ‘test’ was to take a penalty against Peter Bonetti (RIP). When I got there I saw that the goal he was defending was about the height of a 5 a side goal and only half as wide. All he had to do was flick his arm out to save anything that wasn’t him straight at him or wide. Needless to say, no one has scored all afternoon.
I was one of the last to go and figured the only way to score was to make him think it was going wide. So I toe-banged it with the outside of my right foot aiming about a yard outside his right post. True enough, he just ignored it. The ball then bent back in like crazy and cannoned off the angle. He looked at me as if to say “Effin’ smart arse” and carried on chatting up one of the young women from the sales team. A few years later Roberto Carlos ripped me off.

Has Anyone ever been involved in these?

I Found some old notes from one years ago i went on

It ended in Rows,Threats and Disciplinary Action against 2 members of Staff who Squared up to Each Other.

It was Supposed to bring us Closer together,it ended up Driving Huge Wedges instead!

What a day that was,(Not!)
Been on 20-30 courses, never ended in in anything but boredom and/or a beer

Because someone will bring up the Craig Bellamy golf club incident soon.

Classic example of people trying to justify their non-job. The only team building you need is to go to the nearest bar and put whatever you were going to spend on a team building activity behind the bar.

I once did one where we had two offices from different cities where we had to join a team with people from the other city. The problem is that our job didn't ever involve interacting or working with these people so it was completely pointless. We were basically team building with people we don't actually work with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.