When the gods smiled on us

7evens

Safe to say the game against Norwich last week was one of those days where nothing seemed to go right for us. But I'd like to remember some of the games we've had where we came away thinking "Jesus, the gods really were on our side today". The one that always sticks out in the memory is the 4-1 Blackburn promotion game in May 2000. Blackburn hit the post four times and scored an own goal, we scored three goals of our own making with three shots on target, and we went up.

I'm struggling to think of other examples...

Dortmund at home, how we got a draw out of that I'll never know!

I know why.
city_2418393b.jpg

Safe to say the game against Norwich last week was one of those days where nothing seemed to go right for us. But I'd like to remember some of the games we've had where we came away thinking "Jesus, the gods really were on our side today". The one that always sticks out in the memory is the 4-1 Blackburn promotion game in May 2000. Blackburn hit the post four times and scored an own goal, we scored three goals of our own making with three shots on target, and we went up.

At this game in the Blackburn end behind the goal where we scored all our goals, trying to keep a low profile in spite of being sussed by a few around me. They absolutely battered us until the goat equalised then they collapsed. There is a shot of the ref shaking his head in disbelief when they hit the woodwork for the fourth time.

Agree about the Blackburn game but also felt someone suddenly decided to be on our side at Wembley in the playoff final. Remember City fans seeming stunned and in a daze coming out of Wembley, no singing despite the win.

I'm not religious but.................... Gods own club ....................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.