When the gods smiled on us

Maine Road, Boxing Day 1985. Liverpool in their pomp.

Battered for most of the game, think we only had one attempt on target, a Clive Wilson goal.The Kippax went mental when that went in.

We won 1-0.

Brilliant match to be at.

My son was born that day and has grown up to be a wonderful man and now a Dad himself. I remember grinning all day and the Liverpool result was the icing on the cake .
Thank you Gods !!
CTID

“This is the same team that drew at Leicester thanks to David James’ later penalty” - I’m assuming he meant penalty save because I don’t ever remember him taking one
Well, he was our star outfield player

Safe to say the game against Norwich last week was one of those days where nothing seemed to go right for us. But I'd like to remember some of the games we've had where we came away thinking "Jesus, the gods really were on our side today". The one that always sticks out in the memory is the 4-1 Blackburn promotion game in May 2000. Blackburn hit the post four times and scored an own goal, we scored three goals of our own making with three shots on target, and we went up.

I'm struggling to think of other examples...

Always wondered what that bloke was doing when he handed over the bubbly to JR. Looks like he either wanted to push it right through his body, or never let go of it.

The FA Cup semi v final against the rags.
Not the game itself but the first 20 mins or so.
Berbatov missed two sitters and we were all over the place.
Once we settled down we got a deserved win but who knows what would have happened if they scored early on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.