When was the last time a team had 3 Keepers in a match?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ja Salford Blue, 7 Nov 2019.

1. Ja Salford Blue

Ja Salford Blue

2. purplenose

purplenose

Play like that come the weekend we will need three keepers to start the game.

scousemanc likes this.
  3. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

There was a game a while back and I thnk 4 went in. For some reason i think it was Newcastle. Both keepers were injured and an outfield player went in, proved to be crap so they swapped him. Beardsley may have gone in. Or maybe I am wrong

Edit - googled it and got this
    ) PETER BEARDSLEY PLAYS EMERGENCY 'KEEPER AND IS ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH

The former England and Newcastle star is more fondly recalled for his goal scoring antics rather than his ability to keep the ball out of the net. And nothing changed that fact during the Magpies 8-1 humiliation against West Ham at Upton Park in 1986. Beardsley was Newcastle's third goalkeeper of the evening and was so poor that even talkSPORT's very own Alvin Martin, a defender, managed to bag a hat-trick.

Another Edit - it was 3 not 4 keepers

Last edited: 7 Nov 2019
  4. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

Team supported:
    City
    Didn't Chelsea have 3 when Cech injured his skull, and then the sub keeper got hurt in the last few mins, obviously it was Super JT who went in net.

I may be wrong, like.

ws01 likes this.
  5. You say that but we did only allow Atlanta 2 shot, 1 the goal & the other the free kick Walker kinda saved. That's not bad considering how shit we were 2nd half we didn't allow them to create anything we wont be that bad Sunday.

6. dublinblue12

dublinblue12

Don't think it was 3 keeps but remember quinn getting in net. Funny enough he was commentating on the match on virgin last night, don't think he mentioned it

7. citykev28

citykev28

in the away end at hillsborough clapping benarbia
    Who went in net when Dibble got sent off at QPR? Edghill got a red card in the same game and we won 2-1 away.

8. laserblue

laserblue

You're right. I remember that.

quiet_riot likes this.
  9. laserblue

laserblue

From a slightly different angle I remember a City v Everton game in May 1993 (I think it was the last game of the season) when all 4 keepers were used. Margetson started for City but was absolute dogshit. He was flapping at crosses so much that Everton just played for corners which Hinchcliffe swung in causing chaos. Dibble replaced him for the second half. Everton started with Southall in goal but replaced him with a young Australian lad called (I think) Kearton. It was also almost certainly the only time 3 Welsh keepers featured in a Premier League game. City lost 5-2. Happy days.

10. Esteban de la Sexface

Esteban de la Sexface

Rangers used to have more than three, regularly, when Andy Goram played.

1.618034 and blue b4 the moon like this.