When we play United..

Blue Streak

It's almost 46 years to the day we won 3-1 at Old Trafford on the way to winning the title in 1968,

I was 13 and went with a mate of my dads. Got tickets from the supporters branch at Moston Labour club. First time I had been there and it was a night game. I remember the atmosphere was amazing. Didnt Best score first for them.

bluwes said:
I was 13 and went with a mate of my dads. Got tickets from the supporters branch at Moston Labour club. First time I had been there and it was a night game. I remember the atmosphere was amazing. Didnt Best score first for them.

Before my time but my Dad went and still talks about it to this day and he's nearly 75 now. And yes he did.

it was midweek game , best scored in the first 5 minutes , we then played them off the park , made everybody sit up and take notice and realise we were good enough to win the league .

Didn't one goal come from " the blond, balding head of centre half George Heslop" if I recall the MEN's report word for word?

Was in the Scoreboard end at the swamp, where we had to repel an attempted attack by rag supporters at the end of the game.

Was there that night, best actually scored in the 1 st minute, Robbing bookie of the ball then slotting it past Kenny mulhearn. probably the greatest untelevised derby ever, that game that night won city the title for me. City just destroyed them that night Colin scoring after twenty mins, big Georgie heslop(rip) with a great header from a tony Coleman cross, if I can recollect colin got injured being brought down in their penalty area, he was sat at the tunnel while franny smashed it past stepney at the Stretford end. I remember walking up Warwick rd and the rags were crying they knew city were in the verge.

mancunial said:
Was there that night, best actually scored in the 1 st minute, Robbing bookie of the ball then slotting it past Kenny mulhearn. probably the greatest untelevised derby ever, that game that night won city the title for me. City just destroyed them that night Colin scoring after twenty mins, big Georgie heslop(rip) with a great header from a tony Coleman cross, if I can recollect colin got injured being brought down in their penalty area, he was sat at the tunnel while franny smashed it past stepney at the Stretford end. I remember walking up Warwick rd and the rags were crying they knew city were in the verge.
"rags were crying" nothing new there then !

remember arthur mann said:
mancunial said:
"rags were crying" nothing new there then !
they also crying,those days,and i love it!!!!!!!! :)

Jeez... 46 years ago. I was at the front in the scoreboard end, trying to see better by standing on the pretty picket fence they used to have.

All I can clearly remember about that night was fighting with rags on Deansgate before the game.

Another 3-1 win would do nicely this time. But I'm definitely not going to be on Deansgate for a rematch.

Just think... 40 years ago, the bastards went down. It's about time history repeated itself again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.