When we were crap....your favourite matches

For me, has to be 4-2 away win against Oxford April 1989 with all 6 goals at our end. Similar to the Spurs comeback, where we were 2-0 down at half time, and then turned it on 2nd half in front of our large travelling away support, bananas and all. Remember it well as Brightwell came to celebrate the 4th right in front of where me and my Dad were. Also noted for it being a baking hot day and being packed in like cattle in away end. Hillsborough happened 2 weeks beforehand- watch the video and you'll see why. That's one thing I don't miss - the contempt away supporters were treated with 30-odd years ago.

Spurs 3 city 4. I was there 10 men great comeback

I was there until half time :(

Been drinking all day with a couple of Spuds fans from work, and had to be up early for work the next day, thought we're never coming back from this! To make matters worse, I stopped off in a pub halfway down the Severn Sisters Rd to see what the score was, 3-1, so I stayed and watched the rest of the game. Went absolutely mental when we levelled and when Macken got the Winner.

Biggest regret following City :(

Remember going to Filbert Street for a vital relegation battle with Leicester in 1987.
The City fans were magnificent that day - never stopped singing throughout the whole game. One of the best performances by the travelling blues

We lost 4-0
My brother got married that day so couldn’t go! On the video you can hear the muffled sound of a transistor radio during the vows and my mum telling me to switch it off !!!

5-1 v charlton what a day this was

"The aspiratins of a season comes down to the perspiration of the last 90 minutes" Eddie Large was in the (extended) dugout that day. I was near the front of the Main Stand, and Melrose celebrated right in front of us. A great day tinged with sadness when I got home to find out about the tragic events elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.