Where’s the money gone?

Yet we still have half the country demanding we keep the status quo.

Thankfully the populace is beginning to wake up to the fuckers the world over.

Market confidence in our going from strength to strength post Brexit.....?
Something to do with the arrest, in Canada, of the Global Finance Officer of a major Chinese telecoms firm, so it's a reaction to the rest of the world markets, who've also shit themselves.

I'm no economist. I glaze over with it because, basically the whole thing is fake anyway!

If in doubt, buy Gold.

Interest on debt accounts for a good chunk of it. We are always paying for past easy choices. Think of it as a nation maxed out on its credit card.

And then there’s the massive cost of providing state services, particularly health, education, pensions and defence.

Last edited:
You can go here
https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk_year2017_0.html
and fill your boots with graphs on where the money went. Here is my favourite, Debt to GDP going back to 1692.

ukgs_chartDp14t.png

One major issue is simply demographics and pensions. We currently have the largest generation in history all retiring at the same time. And as much as "I've paid in all my life" is true, that money was all spent on public services at the time, and the state pension is effectively a promise of a cut of future generations' tax payments. So if the future generation isn't big enough, then it's going to be difficult to pay for everything. And our generation is doing exactly the same thing with student loans, which will all have to be written off by a future generation too.

You can go here
https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk_year2017_0.html
and fill your boots with graphs on where the money went. Here is my favourite, Debt to GDP going back to 1692.

ukgs_chartDp14t.png
Considering the mess we appear to be in now that graph is quite interesting, the 2 big spikes in the 20th century are obviously the world wars, and their end and rebuild, but what caused the 1820(ish) peak, which dwarfs the current mess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.