Where are the dinosuars

I'm gonna give the tame Impala a listen mate, I'm so behind the times. I see what you're getting at, I'm getting way too lazy to search out new shit, music has changed an awful lot
A few of my mates who are also into psych rock never got into early Tame Impala like it did, so he is/they are (he records as a solo artist in the studio and as a band on tour) an acquired taste, but I bloody loved him/them around the first two albums.

“Lonerism” was probably my favourite album of last decade (but actually took me about half a dozen listens to get into, actually didn’t like it at first).

I didn’t really like the direction of “Currents” as it lost all guitar and rock elements that early TI had. But still good live and some catchy pop songs.

it seems most of the people on this thread think the guitar is the only instrument in the universe ! cant think why, it sounds shit especially acoustic

Growing up in the 70's we were blessed with brilliant music and brilliant musicians compared to the mass produced, disposable drivel we have to endure these day and it got me thinking.
We had, and in some case still do, just.....real frontmen, skilled guitarists, drummers and real song smiths but they're fast disappearing. Nowadays....nothing, so where are the next ones coming from and who in gods name are they.
Where are the next Moon, Plant, Daltrey, Richards, Jagger, Page, Peart, Osbourne, Townshend, Blackmore, 'Lemmie' etc etc etc. I cant see anything on the horizon. Or, as a recent interview with Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend claimed....it's all been done........

Old men of rock and roll
Came bearing music
Where are they now?
They are over the hill and far away
But they're still gonna play guitars
On dead strings, and old drums
They'll play and play to pass the time
The old wild men
Old wild men
Old wild men, waiting for miracles

10CC

it seems most of the people on this thread think the guitar is the only instrument in the universe !
As a big fan of techno, I definitely don’t think that.

Man who hasn't listened to a new album since the mid-90s: "They don't make any good music any more."

I've been exclusively listening to albums from 2019. There was some great stuff. Off the top of my head, Michael Kiwanuka, Weyes Blood, Sleaford Mods, FKA Twigs, Hot Chip, Alex G, Fontaines DC, Cate Le Bon.
Michael Kiwanuka is excellent. Listen to his albums a great deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.