Where are they now 2020 edition

Gareth Barry Conlon

Given the league season is over and the transfer market open I think its time we had a round up of where recent EDS players are at and where they are likely to end up. We have had some great players in the youth set up over the last 5 years or so. Leaving out the obvious ones (Foden / Sanch etc) what happened to this lot (and who have i missed):-

Daniel Grimshaw,
Aro Muric,

Demeaco Duhaney,
Charlie Oliver,
Tosin Adarabioyo,
Joel Latibeaudiere,
Cameron Humphreys-Grant,

Jacob Davenport,
Rodney Kongolo,
Luke Bolyon,
Brahim Diaz,
Matt Smith,
Isaac Buckley-Ricketts,
Aaron Nemane,
D’Margio Wright-Philips,
Lukas Nmecha.

Daniel Grimshaw - still at the club! spent a short bit of time on loan at Hemel Hempsted (yeah, I know...)
Aro Muric - failed loan at Nottingham Forest. Still at the club though. Will go on loan again.

Demeaco Duhaney - Huddersfield. Actually played a few times for them (in the PL too), and went on loan to Boston United this season.
Charlie Oliver - playing for Southport
Tosin Adarabioyo - surprised you had to ask this given how often he's mentioned here! Great loan at Blackburn. Probs in the PL next season. Some want him back at City.
Joel Latibeaudiere - loan at FC Twente. Did meh. Probs will leave or get another loan.
Cameron Humphreys-Grant - at some Belgian team, on loan in Dutch second tier. Barely plays.

Jacob Davenport - signed for Blackburn, two injury hit seasons, but just starting to break into the team. Manager really impressed with him. Hopefully big year next year for him.
Rodney Kongolo - At Heereveen over in Netherlands. Squad regular.
Luke Bolton - was on loan at Luton. Did okay. Now just signed for Dundee United on loan.
Brahim Diaz - Real Madrid still. Few appearances from the bench post lockdown. Basically he's an odd appearance here and there kinda guy.
Matt Smith - had a great loan at Twente, plays regularly for Wales. Then two indifferent same season loans at QPR/Charlton. Now back at City. Will get another loan.
Isaac Buckley-Ricketts - dunno if he's still in the game anymore tbh. Was released by Peterborough back in 2019.
Aaron Nemane - thought he'd left the game too, but turns out he's playing for Torquay semi-regularly.
D’Margio Wright-Philips - just left City and signed for Blackburn.
Lukas Nmecha - just finished a loan spell at Boro. Did 'meh' tbh.

Daniel Grimshaw - still at the club! spent a short bit of time on loan at Hemel Hempsted (yeah, I know...)
Aro Muric - failed loan at Nottingham Forest. Still at the club though. Will go on loan again.

Demeaco Duhaney - Huddersfield. Actually played a few times for them (in the PL too), and went on loan to Boston United this season.
Tosin Adarabioyo - surprised you had to ask this given how often he's mentioned here! Great loan at Blackburn. Probs in the PL next season. Some want him back at City.
Joel Latibeaudiere - loan at FC Twente. Did meh. Probs will leave or get another loan.
Cameron Humphreys-Grant - at some Belgian team, on loan in Dutch second tier. Barely plays.

Jacob Davenport - signed for Blackburn, two injury hit seasons, but just starting to break into the team. Manager really impressed with him. Hopefully big year next year for him.
Luke Bolton - was on loan at Luton. Did okay. Now just signed for Dundee United on loan.
Brahim Diaz - Real Madrid still. Few appearances from the bench post lockdown. Basically he's an odd appearance here and there kinda guy.
Matt Smith - had a great loan at Twente, plays regularly for Wales. Then two indifferent same season loans at QPR/Charlton. Now back at City. Will get another loan.
Isaac Buckley-Ricketts - dunno if he's still in the game anymore tbh. Was released by Peterborough back in 2019.
Aaron Nemane - thought he'd left the game too, but turns out he's playing for Torquay semi-regularly.

Super knowledgeable Ste as always. Did I miss anyone who has made it? And who was the lad that ended up playing in Iceland - or did I make that up?

D'Margio definitely left on a transfer? obviously he went on a youth loan but not seen anything to indicate he's officially signed with Blackburn

Obviously still only a kid but has anyone heard anything about Joe Hodge? Seem to remember him getting a bad injury last year after impressing and I've heard nothing since.

His Dad posts on here I think. He started appearing again for the U18’s towards the end of the season and will presumably will be with the EDS this coming season.

A few that the OP missed -

Ed Francis - captains the Wolves U23 team but not sure he’s quite good enough to make it there

Tom Dele-Bashiru - at Watford, didn’t make any PL appearances but hopefully will get chances in the Championship.

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru - just joined Sheffield Wednesday on a permanent deal

Taylor Richards - joined Brighton last summer, made a couple of cup appearances I think

Jack Byrne - after being bombed out of several clubs ended back up in Ireland playing for Shamrock Rovers. Made his international debut too and is apparently the best player in the league, so will presumably end up back in England at some stage.

Brandon Barker - has been underwhelming for Rangers.

Felix Nmecha - had a serious knee injury but is fit again now and has been training with the first team. Really needs a loan this season.

Will Patching - released by Notts County and now in Ireland playing for Dundalk

Hard to credit we've got so many out on loan (I know all listed aren't still our players).

I remember watching Will Patching in the streamed games and he looked as big a talent as Foden at the time, he was such a smooth, classy looking player. There really are no guarantees.

Hard to credit we've got so many out on loan (I know all listed aren't still our players).

I remember watching Will Patching in the streamed games and he looked as big a talent as Foden at the time, he was such a smooth, classy looking player. There really are no guarantees.
He never showed the talent Foden did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.