Champions League Final | Where are you watching?

Aliks

It would be great to watch the last few matches of the season with a pint in hand surrounded by fellow blues.

With the lockdown still in force, its not so easy to even find pubs with outdoor screens.

SO - does anyone know a good London pub for a meet up?

I've seen mention of the Horseshoe in Farringdon - but their beer garden looks too small.

I'd be keen too. Think horseshoe is still closed. There are plenty of pubs in NW London with outdoor screens but get thats not convenient for most

Obviously not much help now, but when I used to live in London I would go to Terry Neills bar (in Holborn?). This was in the 90s when a lot of pubs down there would only really show City matches if it was a derby or against one of the London sides.
Always found Terry Neill to be pleasant and approachable (always seemed to have a fag and a pint with him too!)
Once he gave me a drink 'on the house' basically saying the City fans always gave him lots of trade and (in a nice way) we were always in decent humour considering how shit we were at the time.
Think I heard that the bar closed some time back because it got trashed by some Tottenham fans ?(think he managed Spurs and Arsenal but did a lot better at Highbury than White Hart Lane)

Recall watching a very 'impressive' 1:1 draw against Bury in Terry Neills bar.
Not one of my more memorable City matches, either at the game or watching in the boozer tbh!!

Used to go there a lot in the 80/90's too.....I worked near there for part of that time. Best one was watching the promotion game v. Blackburn - 1 - 4. Got covered in champagne, beer, Jack Daniels - you name it. Emotional day and spent an hour singing after the game. We then decided to continue celebrating in the West End; when we went outside to a piazza thing which you might remember, there was a massive crowd of City singing and dancing so spent another 90 minutes celebrating.............great day.............not so good was watching us lose 5 - 0 to United and the losing semi final v. Germany - Italia '90; Gazza's tears etc.....

Horseshoe been taken over and old owner recommended another bar but it doesn't have screens to watch football outside unfortunately. It's called Fitzrovia belle and will show games once fans allowed back into pubs. Horseshoe won't have sky bt sport etc

The Duke of Edinburgh on Ferndale Road SW9 8AG (Clapham/Brixton) is closest to us. They have the largest beer garden I have ever seen, but not sure how they are screening football - they had a lot of complaints from residents in recent summers.

Hi Blues

What’s everyone’s plans for the final game of the season against Everton? Where are you watching it? I know there will be a limited few who will be at the etihad but what boozers are people taking in? Socially distanced of course.

Feel free to remove if posted elsewhere

cheers

Watching in the USA - on my brand new LG OLED TV - I love this TV!

Anyhow, we may win the league Sunday if ManU lose v. Liverpool. Watching that game for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.