"Where Did It Go Wrong?" - new blog article

Ric

Administrator
Like buses, you wait ages for one then two turn up at once.

New article by Damocles online now:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2012/04/10/where-did-it-go-wrong/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/ind ... -go-wrong/</a>

With it being Damocles I'll wait to read reviews before taking on what is sure to be a unbalanced article

Very good blog. Don't necessarily agree with all of it but some very well argued points. I still think it all went wrong when Mancini became more concerned about the goals we were letting in than the ones we were scoring.

In our first 16 games we scored 50 and conceded 15 with 41 points.
In the last 16 the figures are 25 for, 11 against with 30 points.

The clear implication is that he changed the style to tighten things up at the back while sacrificing our ability to go forward. And we've clearly suffered for it. How much of that has to do with other sides "figuring us out" or is a self-inflicted wound is open to debate.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Very good blog. Don't necessarily agree with all of it but some very well argued points. I still think it all went wrong when Mancini became more concerned about the goals we were letting in than the ones we were scoring.

In our first 16 games we scored 50 and conceded 15 with 41 points.
In the last 16 the figures are 25 for, 11 against with 30 points.

The clear implication is that he changed the style to tighten things up at the back while sacrificing our ability to go forward. And we've clearly suffered for it. How much of that has to do with other sides "figuring us out" or is a self-inflicted wound is open to debate.

This is more of an argument from stats, but our chance creation rate, shots on target, average possession and ourconceeded rate has stayed similar between the first and last 16 games whilst our chance conversion rate has plummeted. Our strikers simply aren't scoring the same as they did in the first part of the year, which is why I placed so much importance on Tevez going and us running Aguero into the ground because of it

call me stupid or absolutely crackers but i honestly think we`re still going to win the league,don`t ask me why but i just have this overwhelming feeling that them lot are going to fuck it up and we`re going to nick it,all this talk in the papers of the 20th title this and fred done paying out on utd that and the 70 odd thousand inbreds singing we`re going to win the league and to cap it off i got texts from rags giving it the big i am(after being in hibernation for 30 games!!)

it`s the same feeling i`ve had before the semi,the spurs game last year,the 1-6 and the cup final and it just won`t leave me,i 200% believe that we`re going to still be in it come the last day of the season and goal difference will get us that trophy,and no i havn`t been drinking and havn`t been on the class A`s,all this just stems from the fact of similar feelings mentioned above and this weird,giddy feeling of us doing it the hard way..

i`ve had this feeling nearly all season,even when we was 5 points in front the feeling of us winning it on GD just wouldn`t subside and i`ve kept quiet up until now as i think this is the perfect opportunity to air my views and let nature take it`s course..

you heard it here first!!!

p.s great blog by the way and gazza will be chelsea manager very soon..:)

Good read less picking on one player and looking at the whole team and management as a whole. I enjoyed that and its very accurate to how I feel too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.