where did we lose our swagger?

bondsman

Don't get me wrong we are still top and getting results but I think that we have lost the swagger we played with early doors. For me this happened at Stanford bridge. We were outstanding until we did not get the penalty then for the first time a bit of hesitancy and doubt crept in. I hope we win the league anyway possible but to do so playing the way were were at the start of the season would be great.

Possibly after Napoli at home. For the first time we played a team that defended in numbers countered with precison and pace. It seemed after that all teams suddenly saw a way to stop us playing and we lost a bit of confidence.

citymad said:
Possibly after Napoli at home. For the first time we played a team that defended in numbers countered with precison and pace. It seemed after that all teams suddenly saw a way to stop us playing and we lost a bit of confidence.
So you think we only played with swagger for 4 games?

Stamford Bridge for me.

Did we lose our swagger or did teams just realise how good we are and start parking the bus instead of trying to play us?

Definitely QPR away. Although we won 3-2, it was the first time in the Premiership that I'd seen us struggle to control a match and I also noticed that we looked tired. Tired in November? I know, but I thought we just looked jaded!!

After the Newcastle and Liverpool matches I remember saying to my brother that I feared for us at Chelsea and til this day he still accuses me of jinxing us. From that point we were a bit up and down and with Yaya & Kolo being away, Balotelli being injured and then suspended, Tevez in exile and Kompany also suspended I feared for the rest of the season. Gladly though we seemed to have found the footballing resolve to get us to where we currently stand and against Fulham at home I had the feeling our swagger was returning.

Porto away shows we've learned lessons from our failed Champions League adventure although the 10 points we amassed would have seen us through to the knockout stages most years. Porto was a very mature performance and showed that not only is our swagger showing signs of returnng, but that we've also grown up a lot as the season has progressed.

We've got 12 games left to hold it together................. Here's hoping.

I think some of you are panicking for no reason because you're saying we lost our swagger yet we're top of the league. Is it a healthy thing that we're worried things weren't as great as they were? Yes.

The Premiership is ours to lose. Beat U****d at home and we've won it, IMHO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.