Where did you meet the love of your life, and what happened?

BlueMoonRisin’

Just wondering where you met yours and what happened ? As the thread title says, love of your life.

Someone mentioned the former nightclub Butterflies in Oldham on another thread, and it took me back to where I met my ex wife on October 6th 89 in there.

Now I'm going to be brutally honest here and say I was acting like a complete idiot in trying to chat her up. I was in there with my best mate larking about and quite pissed.

Imagine Paul Calf(Steve Coogan) chatting up a woman, well I was a bit like him.

Was walking round the club talent spotting in my best bottle green suit, shirt n' tie on. A pint in one hand, double Jim Beam n' coke in the other, cig in my gob. I really looked and acted a right twat thinking back.

I spotted a gorgeous looking young lady and I felt it was love at first site, but I was shy and not confident chatting girls up at the time even aged 25. I told my mate I'd spotted some talent and he squinted to see as he'd forgotten his specs and didn't have his contact lenses in. I palmed him off with her mate whilst I tried chatting my ex Mrs up.

Now she was well out of my league(I thought) and although I was shy I thought my best bet was to make her laugh. But I deliberately (don't know why) came out with the most cheesiest "do you come here often" chat up line in the worst chat up line book. She looked at her friend horrified and must have thought 'what a dickhead', and she was right. I asked to buy her a drink and she accepted, and she hadn't run off when I got back. Surprised she was still waiting for me. We got chatting and I made her laugh, seemed we had chemistry between us but I wasn't sure as I was so shy n' naive even though I'd previously had sex with 5 gf's.

But she was very attractive and I felt I was in love straight away and I'd never experienced anything like it before. I sensed I was beginning to bore her an she was about to leave this pissed up chancer for a guy who wasn't behaving like a drunken arsehole that I was being.

I whispered in her ear - "I'm a decent guy really, I'm just drunk and acting the fool. I'd like your phone number to take you out for a nice meal"...... I smiled and gave a cheeky wink and she gave me her number! I was absolutely overjoyed.

Was together 15 wonderful, years 11 married with two beautiful daughters, and although we got divorced, we vowed to be amicable towards our daughters, and we have been. No acrimony either.

She working as a waitress in a hotel bar when I met her
I though she was funny and fit and nice
She though I was a pissed up dick.

Not much has changed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.