Where do we go from here

blueparrot said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
When will the club sign a galactico?

Is Aguero a galactico, if we sold him it would be to Real or Barcelona ?

I mean when will the club spend 60,70,80 million on a player.
I'm not bothered if we never did but Kaka was close so I am sure maybe one day they will try again

Personally I think this going to be a defining season for all the top teams in the Premier League. I think the penny's dropped now that City are here to stay and that FFP isn't going to have the effect the established top 4 thought, and hoped, it would. Without doubt those 4 clubs are all trying to up their game for the new season and I think it's vitally important that we compete well, continue to progress, continue to establish ourselves in the Champions League and maintain our status within the top echelons of the Premier League.

That doesn't necessarily mean winning the Premiership again, albeit it would be nice to defend it, but we need to be challenging for the title, as Chelsea now seem to do each season and not just challenging for fourth place like Arsenal do. Getting through the group stages of the Champions League is a definite must. Even though the competition has left me a bit cold to be honest, I recognise that success in that competition is how teams are viewed in Europe.

Long term I would like to see us get to a stage where the academy is viewed as the benchmark for clubs throughout Europe and is producing quality players who progress in the game and have an impact professionally. Not exclusively for City and the Premiership, but it would be good if some of the future England team were products of our system.

On the football front I would like us to continue to be one of the top teams in a very competitive Premier League. But to me personally it is important that we achieve that by playing the style of football that we have enjoyed recently, particularly last season. I want us to be the team that supporters of other clubs want to watch and want their team to play like.

As a supporter I do believe that the clubs 'holistic' approach is the right way forward, albeit in don't consider myself a 'happy clapper'. Again, I would love City to be the club that is regarded as the trend setter in terms of looking after it's fans in terms of facilities, ticket prices and communication. If there is an area that concerns me for the future it is this one. Historically whenever we've been told "you'll never be Man United" every last one of us has heaved a collective sigh of relief because we'd never want to be. I just hope that our owners and executives understand that.

blueparrot said:
When will the club sign a galactico?

Is Aguero a galactico, if we sold him it would be to Real or Barcelona ?

I mean when will the club spend 60,70,80 million on a player.
I'm not bothered if we never did but Kaka was close so I am sure maybe one day they will try again

Things is, we have three players who would command that sort of fee now in Kompany, Silva and Aguero. All three are world class in the truest sense of the word.

Didsbury Dave said:
We continue with our momentum. Next step is to become a major European player, starting this season. We are the number one club in England now, and I expect the domestic trophies commensurate with that. But we should be looking for a champions league final in the next 2 or 3 years. I think, as our squad takes shape this summer, we shouldn't rule it out for this season.

Everything is in place at the club now. The personnel across the whole club is dead right.

Agree, we're in fantastic shape across the board, and should hopefully consolidate our position as the premier club in the country. Champions League final in the next couple of years should definitely be the target, too, although I think we're still a couple of players off at the moment - definitely a quick, direct Robben-, Reus-, Bale-type attacker, and (with tin-hat firmly on) perhaps another central midfielder to replace Yaya.

In any case, happy times ahead.

Zubrman said:
I just hope we can get the 40 odd points needed for Premier League survival.
Should be safe enough this season, there's a few sitting ducks.

its so funny how teams like Liverpool arsenal man utd are not even on the level we are at the moment

yes Manchester city are a power
yes we have money to spend
yes its just the start of the build
yes silverware will keep rolling in

but the media are never going to back Manchester city we are a easy target for the knockers and headline news will only be a negative story unlike united who finnish 7th after years of spending millions and millions but they ok

also Liverpool spending in this summer window now if that was manchester city the media would be all over us for spending somebody else money ok they sold mr head for £70odd million but the wage bill and the over heads must be up there with the rest but that's also does not make a good news story

MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB have always had the fan base but was being run like a cash cow for the chairman back the 70s 80s 90s but when the new people took over I don't think even they knew what could happen with this great club it just need sorting out

I personally want to win the champions league this year just so we can stick two fingers up at all the restrictions put on us and say to uefa "shove em up ur arse" but a trophy and retaining the league will please me no end!

Sustain our Title Challenge Year after Year is a Must and progression in The Champions League as we have done season after season.

The Academy progressing year after year too the point that we can rely on a fair few players coming through into the 1st team squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.