Where do we go from here

Didsbury Dave said:
bluetoby said:
All the aforementioned and going to the swamp just to laugh at them (I am old bitter and twisted)

The days of it being all about United are long gone mate.

Our biggest games are Chelsea and Barcelona these days.
Agree biggest games as you say just like to laugh

This season for me is all about retaining the title (although I fancy us for the Fa Cup as well).
Retaining the title is enormous as it means you are the dominant club of that era.

Beyond that we need to win the CL in the next 2-3 years before we have to start rebuilding this team.

In 15 years time:-

1 I'd like to have passed Everton on the all time list for championships (they have 9)
and to have won 2-3 CLs.

2 I'd like us to be averaging over 60,000 for PL games and even getting 40,000+
for LC games. I'd like our ticket prices to be no more than average PL prices.

3 I'd like at least half the first team squad to have come through the academy
and half a dozen of them to be English.

All of the above is possible. The last point will be probably the hardest to achieve.

Its the league title i want to see us win time and time again. Being the best side over 10 months and 38 games is the real test in my eyes and gives me the most pleasure. Being an old fart i still love the history and prestige of the FA Cup. Waking up the morning of the cup final.......the nerves and the whole build up to the kick off. Its just an amazing competition to win. But in our quest to become Kings of Europe i can only see the domestic cups being put on the "back burner" as such and will become less and less important to us.

I have no great affection for the champions league. i find the refereeing dreadful, the play acting laughable, and the number of petty free kicks frustrating. But its where the big money is. And its a trophy we are going to HAVE too win, at least a few times, to be really considered as a great side in the medias eyes and to really cement our place in the Elite of world football.

saying that...........Seeing Vinnie lifting up that HUGE trophy would be fucking fantastic mind!

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was about the Fanzone commentary of the Sick Swan!

As others have said, retaining the Premier League should be our priority, though further progress in the Champions' League is also vital.

The great Brian Clough said that the league was always the trophy he wanted to win the most, as it proved the team's consistency over the whole season.

We should also be involved in the latter stages of both domestic cup competitions, as we have the squad to achieve this.

I'm really hoping that the Academy will soon be producing key members of the first-team squad; Marcos Lopes and Emyr Huws have given us a taste of what might be possible in the future.

Those in charge must continue to spread the word and publicise the club to a wider global audience, though to be fair, they seem to be doing a pretty good job in this regards already. Continued success on the pitch will, of course, help in this regard.

And finally, we must fill the expanded Etihad on a consistent basis. I know the plans wouldn't have gone ahead if there wasn't the demand, but people saying they will attend games and actually turning up are two different things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.