Where do you rank Hughes amongst City's past coaches?

Without doubt the most incompetant of the last fifty years, and that includes Ball, most of them have at least the excuse of a poor sqaud and no money.

Hughes has managed to do what no other has done, split the supporters.
He has had an unlimited budget, yet is still persisting with a tactic that has failed for the last 18 months because he is unable to grasp the basics.

His team selection is poor, selection of subs, timeing of them, and using them to change a game even worse.
He has also managed to throw away 17 points so far this season in winable games while getting the team to look as dire and as clueless as himself at times, throw in the leaked fariy stories to the media, the youth accademy, an the constant whineing after every game............yeah, by a long way

Personally i have no complaints. I like Hughes think he will do us well. Yes he has things to sort out but this is the basis of my opinion. We are 6th 3 points of 4th with a game in hand (despite numerous draws but as the so called sky 4 have proved no easy games this season). We are in a cup semi final against Trafford rangers with a real confidence we can turn them over. we have only been beaten once againts Trafford rangers in a game we deserved to get something. Attacking wise great we have scored 14 goals agains the Sky 4 already so far. Hughes isnt daft he knows where the problems are and will sort them. Big players have already proved that cash isnt enough they want trophies and champions league. Our time will come it's just the start and if we play crap after a great win then that just goes to show its the same old City and its been the same all the years i've been alive.

Joycee Banercheck said:
skybluekings said:
I think Sven got £20m to work with if I remember correctly.
Elano
Corluka
Petrov
Benjani
Garrido
Bojinov
Caicedo

Bit more than £20m
Only one of them still plays for us. And Benjani... no ta.

But Joycee, Sven got most of those players very cheap.

blueonblue said:
Without doubt the most incompetant of the last fifty years, and that includes Ball, most of them have at least the excuse of a poor sqaud and no money.

Bwahahahahaha How bitter you are.

skybluekings said:
Pigeonho said:
That doesn't make any sense. Hughes' task, if we're to believe the press, is to get top 6 this season, something he is well on the way to achieving and if the end of the season was now, he would have achieved it. Thing is though its not the end of the season, it isn't even half way as yet, yet he still has us in the top 6 AND in a semi final of a cup. Some might want top 4, and that might still happen however in terms of what the Sheikh reportedly said he wanted this season, we are on target with the chance of a trophy to boot.

Well your argument was that Hughes couldn't be judged on his first season because they were not his players. I then pointed out that Sven was faced with juyst about the same situation of not "his" players as well. Its not a good argument to say one needs more time when the other wasn't given any at all, yet faces the label of "failure".

It isn't about Hughes' first season, as in last season, as he didn't have the money to do what HE wanted until winter, then it was getting players in, in readiness for his spree in the summer. This is Hughes' first real season in my eyes, and half way through we are where we are, and we should be happy with this position. What if we finish where we are and win the C/C? What that then means is that Hughes will hgave achieved something god knows how many other managers failed to do, but I will put my mortgage on the fact even that will not be enough to convince some people. It is too early to be able to judge him though, as his first season with his players is only half way through.

skybluekings said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
Elano
Corluka
Petrov
Benjani
Garrido
Bojinov
Caicedo

Bit more than £20m
Only one of them still plays for us. And Benjani... no ta.

But Joycee, Sven got most of those players very cheap.
Did he? Elano 8.5m and Caicedo at £5m. That's £13.5m on two players. Boj was supsed to £4m so that's £17m. Like I sdaid, bit more than £20m. It's irrelevant anyway.

I think Sven spent around £50-60m, still pretty good value for money taking us from 16th to 9th, 42 points to 55.

blueonblue said:

He has had an unlimited budget, yet is still persisting with a tactic that has failed for the last 18 months because he is unable to grasp the basics.

His team selection is poor, selection of subs, timeing of them, and using them to change a game even worse.
He has also managed to throw away 17 points so far this season in winable games while getting the team to look as dire and as clueless as himself at times, throw in the leaked fariy stories to the media, the youth accademy, an the constant whineing after every game............yeah, by a long way

Without going into another pathetic rant, answer me this. Has Hughes got us 6th place at half way point, and into the semi's of a major final? Just a yes or no answer will do.....

Pigeonho said:
skybluekings said:
Well your argument was that Hughes couldn't be judged on his first season because they were not his players. I then pointed out that Sven was faced with juyst about the same situation of not "his" players as well. Its not a good argument to say one needs more time when the other wasn't given any at all, yet faces the label of "failure".

It isn't about Hughes' first season, as in last season, as he didn't have the money to do what HE wanted until winter, then it was getting players in, in readiness for his spree in the summer. This is Hughes' first real season in my eyes, and half way through we are where we are, and we should be happy with this position. What if we finish where we are and win the C/C? What that then means is that Hughes will hgave achieved something god knows how many other managers failed to do, but I will put my mortgage on the fact even that will not be enough to convince some people. It is too early to be able to judge him though, as his first season with his players is only half way through.

Well then, based on what he has achieved thus far, where does that achievement rank him amongst City's past coaches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.